Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wintergreens

Ghost

Life Member
Buddy of mine (Big Ol Doubledroptines) gave me a bag of wintergreens about a year ago. Well I finally got it in the ground and it is already drawing in the bucks like kids to an ice cream truck. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Greensbuck.JPG

If it grows like the clover patch you'll be floatin in turnips in no time! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

planted them ...drilled them in and they came up great.The deer never touched them though?
could have been my location.
doug

I like them as they are easy to plant and mine grew as tall as my knees. What I really liked about them is my plots are small so the deer can wipe out them out quickly and most of my deer goodies are gone or dead by December 1st depending when the area crops come out. The wintergreen don't get really tasty until about the 2nd and 3rd frosts and by then they are tall and ready to be eaten they are also the last green food out there. I'll post some picures later of the deer and what was left of them in January. You can see the stalks getting shorter as the area's food supply started to dwindle.

Top Bottom