Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wireless Trail Cameras

Heard that Cuddeback Cuddilink has developed a wireless camera also. It that is true what would be the benefit of having seven or 8 Spartan Go Cameras over the one Cuddilink home camera (with the other linked cameras) collecting and sending the pictures from one camera. Price sounds like it would be cheaper but don't know about the plan price?

I run cameras on 5 different farms that would still require 5 cuddelink systems

Cuddelink is a good systems that runs on Verizon - i have used verizon in the past and am getting far better signal out of my US CEllular cams here but your area might be completely different.
Cuddelink is really neat, i think i will set some out at my home place this summer so I can place a home unit up by the house where its quick and easy to check.

I would only have one farm to put them on Boyd and one plot right by the house that would be my home system. I do love the Spartans for the convenience but if the Cuddilink does the same thing to one camera and then dumps them to my phone/email it might be worth a look. I am also worried about the hills and elevations in NE Iowa and the reception (picture quality). With Verizon and US using the same towers the coverage should be the same. Just depends in the long term how much Verizon will charge me overtime since I use US now.

Around here reception with Verizon and US Cellular is completely different - I've seen people that could get no signal at all with verizon and yet USCellular works just fine.
If using around home, Cuddelink should work just fine.
Feel free to call me some time to talk about what might be best - I've talked extensively with several companies on this stuff in the past week at ATA

Boyd what are your thoughts on the new Primos cell cam? Price point looks really low, doesn’t look like US Cellular is an option. Wondered if a quality cell cam at that price point is actually realistic yet.

I would only have one farm to put them on Boyd and one plot right by the house that would be my home system. I do love the Spartans for the convenience but if the Cuddilink does the same thing to one camera and then dumps them to my phone/email it might be worth a look. I am also worried about the hills and elevations in NE Iowa and the reception (picture quality). With Verizon and US using the same towers the coverage should be the same. Just depends in the long term how much Verizon will charge me overtime since I use US now.
I'm also in NE Iowa and I am looking exclusively for a US Cellular cam. Too many areas up here when buddies have Verizon and don't get service and I have full bars with US Cellular. I would possibly have someone walk your farm with a Verizon phone to check out signal first.

Boyd what are your thoughts on the new Primos cell cam? Price point looks really low, doesn’t look like US Cellular is an option. Wondered if a quality cell cam at that price point is actually realistic yet.
i did not look at the Primos cams - I've tried several of their cams in the past and had horrible luck with them - probably should look into them again.
There are so many companies offering cameras these days it is hard to keep up - I'm trying but it is increasingly difficult

I'm also in NE Iowa and I am looking exclusively for a US Cellular cam. Too many areas up here when buddies have Verizon and don't get service and I have full bars with US Cellular. I would possibly have someone walk your farm with a Verizon phone to check out signal first.

That is an excellent idea. If so that would take care of the Cuddilink since they are exclusively Verizon. I am trying to find the most convenient option with the best picture for a great price. The hills in N.E. Iowa still scare me and how close together I would have to put those cameras so they link together. Happy to hear your thoughts on other cameras also but the Spartans with US cellular look pretty nice because the cost of using Verizon over time would make up for the price difference over time. .

That is an excellent idea. If so that would take care of the Cuddilink since they are exclusively Verizon. I am trying to find the most convenient option with the best picture for a great price. The hills in N.E. Iowa still scare me and how close together I would have to put those cameras so they link together. Happy to hear your thoughts on other cameras also but the Spartans with US cellular look pretty nice because the cost of using Verizon over time would make up for the price difference over time. .
I'm looking for basically the same thing as you. I'd like the Cuddelink idea but I fear it could result in having to have extra cameras where I don't need or want them just to send the signal with the hills and such. I think I'm dead set on waiting until June or July and if nothing has come out splurging on some Spatans.

One thing that I accidentally came across thanks to JJohnson is that when the 4G comes out for US Cellular, the 3G will become nothing more than a trail camera. It will not be able to transmit. Your guess is as good as mine but that could be as early as 2021 depending on how long they want to support them.

If you are using at home then you don't need the Cuddecell cap as you could use the home-link and it could transmit the images to your home computer form the cameras linked into the mesh network....just an FYI. If you haven't purchased anything yet, I have 3 Dual Flash Cuddelink cameras for sale in the classifieds that would be much cheaper than buying new

If you can place a camera on top of a hill you will have no issue with transmission from a lower camera and they will daisy chain. Boyd, if I'm correct I think the Cuddecell will only be available with ATT when it first comes out but they are working on Verizon and possibly US Cellular

Only plans for AT&T at the moment to my understanding -- i think they want to see how well they sell before they convert to other carriers

One thing that I accidentally came across thanks to JJohnson is that when the 4G comes out for US Cellular, the 3G will become nothing more than a trail camera. It will not be able to transmit. Your guess is as good as mine but that could be as early as 2021 depending on how long they want to support them.

I have to recant my previous statement after finding out additional information. The Spartan GoCam from US Wireless will be using 3G for at least the next 6 years according to their engineers.

I think you guys are mistaken. My understanding is the Cuddelink will only be Verizon not AT&T for 2018. This is from my rep and my 2018 pricing.

If you can place a camera on top of a hill you will have no issue with transmission from a lower camera and they will daisy chain. Boyd, if I'm correct I think the Cuddecell will only be available with ATT when it first comes out but they are working on Verizon and possibly US Cellular

When I looked on Spartans web site a few months ago they had additional antennas that could be purchased. If I remember right some of them had cords that you could run up a tree, or possibly hook together, to get signals up higher. Possibly clearing topography for better signals and also help get out of some of the thick canopies that are down in the draws.

When I looked on Spartans web site a few months ago they had additional antennas that could be purchased. If I remember right some of them had cords that you could run up a tree, or possibly hook together, to get signals up higher. Possibly clearing topography for better signals and also help get out of some of the thick canopies that are down in the draws.

I used to use the extended antennas on a long cable on my Verizon and AT&T cellular cameras - tossed them high up over a branch and they usually gave you one extra bar of signal strength.
I've never needed the extended antennas on my Spartan US Cellular cameras but i do have some in stock just in case anyone has a signal strength issue ( so far no one has)

US Cellular Blackout cams are on sale currently at Buck Hollow - we just got in a brand new batch - I wont post the price on here but it is a lot better than normal.
PM me for an IowaWhitetail insider special limited time offer.

Long time lurker who just signed up. I don't own any yet but have been extensively researching the Cuddelink cams. The Cuddelinks don't have any plan. They use radio frequency to send the picture between cams to the home base, or cam designated as home. Since they send out a radio frequency pic the battery life is shorter also. Cudde has a 6D cell battery pack you can add on, can use rechargeable NiMH D cells in it. They claim to have a solar panel coming out as well that will plug in to the D cell battery pack. Their rep said it would use the solar first, then the D cells and last the AAs in the camera. He claims they've gotten over 2 years on a one setup. The base stations coming out are a receiver only (go pull one card with all the cams pics), or a receiver that will send a signal to your computer for those that hunt and live on the same property or you can add in the cellular service and all the cams send the pics to the base and only the base sends the pics to you. So only one cell phone plan. It was 15 cams you can link together per base. Hope this helps

I really wish they could just work with any SIM. For example my data only Project Fi Sim that uses T-mobile, Sprint, or US-Cellular. $10/GB and only billed for what you use.

Hey guys would like to visit this topic again...I know the spartan gocams are really popular right now but just wondering what other brands guys are using? Need to get a cell cam here soon but 500$ is a tough pill to swallow for sure...I was looking at the spypoint link evo which is only 250$ but if it doesn't work then maybe the spartan is the way to go...thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom