Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

wonder buck

Very cool background story

Just to play devils advocate in the whole "culling in a free ranging population" debate, that deer has now been out there passing on his 'sub-par' genetics for 10 years. Have you noticed any trickle down effect in the local deer herd? Have you seen any other bucks with similar 'sub par' antler characteristics?

I have seen a trickle effect. Which is unfortunate. But I haven't seen him from stand for years. Once he sheds his velvet, I strictly get night pics of him.

Great history!
10 years of survival with Sept 15 (youth) all the way to around Jan 15 of legal hunting... 40 months or 1200 days where folks could whack the dude and he escaped by. Pretty cool.

I am not sure if I caught this part, I'm sure u said it BUT....
Have you seen this dude while hunting?
Trying to get him this year and would you shoot if he comes by?
Have you noticed he's become more visible as he's gotten this old?

Absolutely amazing. I bet not too many 10 yr old wild bucks are out there. Very cool thread.

Kratz

Very cool background story

Just to play devils advocate in the whole "culling in a free ranging population" debate, that deer has now been out there passing on his 'sub-par' genetics for 10 years. Have you noticed any trickle down effect in the local deer herd? Have you seen any other bucks with similar 'sub par' antler characteristics?

Tough to tell given momma is 75% responsible.

I hate to keep bumping this, but he makes me laugh.
5604-mfdc0263.jpg

14 more years and he's gonna be something special! Geesh man, you gotta get that thing! I like the thread, keep the updates coming!

OH man...please kill this deer. I know he is nothing for antlers but will you ever get a chance at a deer this old again? Color of his forehead is awesome. I bet he doesn't have any teeth left!

That thing is part Angus. The cape on that grand daddy would make for an awesome mount, his rack on the other hand not so much :p

Man with a warrior that old and experienced in the woods I would dang near give him a lifetime pass and let him go calmly when he is ready

Man that guys is a massive deer! I wonder what he weighs. He would be a tough one to shoot just for the fact that he has earned some respect I think. Keep this thread going as you get more pics!

Top Bottom