Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

wonder buck

Man that guys is a massive deer! I wonder what he weighs. He would be a tough one to shoot just for the fact that he has earned some respect I think. Keep this thread going as you get more pics!

Totally agree. Part of me wants to root for the deer to set a survival record, and at the same time I think it would be an unrivaled accomplishment to see you harvest this animal. Either way keep this updated as often as possible. Amazing story!!

Strictly my opinion here, but if it were me I would harvest this deer in a heartbeat given the chance. If you haven't seen him on stand and he has a history of being nocturnal then a chance at a shot might mean he is slipping. An efficient shot leading to a clean kill is a much more honorable way to go than slowly starving because he can't gum corn off the cob anymore.

If he's been around for 10 years and you have not killed him yet. I'm betting on the deer. I think he should live.

Well, I held out hope my old friend would join us this year. Sadly, he never showed. The last picture I got of him was 2014 right after he shed his velvet. When I saw him in the winter, his leg was in really bad shape flopping all around. I never found him dead when out shed hunting, but I suspect he died from infection or old man winter got him.
As soon as I get notification, I'll post the last pic I got of him as soon as I am notified???
( I don't get this that a moderator has to approve pics now??... anyway...)

Top Bottom