Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

World Record Muskie?????

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
Here is what many consider the largest muskie caught on Rod and Reel, and most defintely the largest catch and release ever!!!!

however, we will never know for sure if this fish was a record breaker as it was released!!! My hat is off to the angler for his decision to let this fish go!

Dale MacNair caught this muskie measuring 57" (Length) X 33" (Girth) and with those stats plugged into a Length by Girth formula it weighed over 70 lbs, give or take 5-6 lbs. but as mentioned, it was released and we will never know for sure what the fish weighed!!!!

Pretty incredible fish with a legendary story!

Congrats Dale!!!!!

dalemacnair2_1_.jpg

dalemacnair3_1_.jpg

.... and the release pic, off to swim/fight another day! Thats conservation!

dalemacnair1_1_.jpg

I don't see it looking to b 70#...It looks like a spiting image of the 50+ pounder in the glass box from longville...That big pike caught this year looked way bigger...

But I know Thomas, you beweive it in your wittle hear buddy (thats baby talk).

Pix are sometimes decieveing T, it comes from a reliable source and it is every bit as big as described.

It could look "small" because that dude holding it looks to be pushing 3 bills himself.

i guess we will never know!
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
since it swam away!

still a giant fish!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like a spiting image of the 50+ pounder in the glass box from longville...
</div></div>

I was kinda thinkin that anything over 50lbs must look the same. JUST HUGE.

I was always under the impression that once certain fish get a certain length they tend to grow around more than out? Yeah, they'll still get longer but the weight starts coming from the girth. This is the case for catfish I believe.

No scientific fact really, I just heard from some of my fisheries buddies that for every inch they put on in length there is more put in girth?

Fun to discuss at least.

Ya Skis dont really get crazy long they just add weight..but I'm willing to bet good money that this fish is nowhere near 70lbs.. I have caught too many stergeon that have been in the 60-150lb range, so it just don;t look like it.. Now the big pike pic seemed all of 70+lbs and it was put on a scale.. Now there are many pics of Skis, found dead, speared, dynomited, netted, poisoned and many other things of that nature in the 50-90lb range in alot of books I have read...Mostly com'n from Russia , stretching back to the early 1900's and stuff..Now those pics in the books look like what they really weigh.

Guess we will never know....stale! That girl would have been wrapped in a wet towel and tossed in a deep freeze if it looked over 40lbs..

It looks like a shocking adventure on a servey boat if ya ask me.

Full body float suit does make it smell a little funny, what I wore when I netted 'eyes up on Clear a few years ago.

You know 'eyes? Musky bait?

Don't matter, big fish.

Looks like a Lake St. Clair fish. The mast and skis would fit too. It's a monster no doubt but 70 pounds? Not likely.

Top Bottom