Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wow

Fishbonker

Life Member
Wow, just wow. I'm incensed. Got this email this afternoon:

Notice of Committee Meeting

Committee: Natural Resources and Environment (Senate)
Date: 02/04/2014 3:00 PM
Agenda:
ATTENTION DUE TO WEATHER The presenters will be Director Chuck Gipp and Deputy Director Bruce Trautman.

Presentation by Dr Dale Garner, Wildlife Bureau Chief,and Willie Suchey, Wildlife Research Supervisor on Deer and Pheasant/Quail populations.
This message was automatically generated. Please do not reply to it.

I don't believe it. I just don't believe it. This has to be power politics at its worst. You think shutting down a bridge in New Jersey is bad? Try canceling two of the biggest proponents for deer hunters in Iowa and replacing them with two of the biggest shills for the governor, then blame it on the weather. Dale and Willie couldn't walk one block south and one block east to make it to the capitol for this meeting? It is the exact same distance for the Director and his lap dog.

This does not pass my smell test. I don't think Dale and Willie live in DSM but I highly doubt they left town for home because it was gonna snow. Ladies and gentleman, we just got screwed.

Last edited:
I thought someone posted in your notification thread that they received notice the meeting was canceled. ..

I called the DNR to find out where room 24 was located and the receptionist checked the speakers calendars and told me the meeting was cancelled due to weather.

The meeting was not canceled. Copy and paste of an email I received today:

Minutes of Committee Meeting
Committee: Natural Resources and Environment (Senate)
Date: 2/4/2014 3:00 PM
The minutes for this meeting are attached as minutes.pdf
This message was automatically generated. Please do not reply to it.

The actual minutes of the meeting were attached as a PDF. I have no idea how to get a PDF posted here. Copy and paste won't work. Save as txt file won't work. No link.

The meeting lasted 55 minutes. Convened at 3:00 and adjourned at 3:55. What Director Gipp and Deputy Director Trautman addressed the Committee about is not included in the minutes.

It was very disrespectful of me to refer to the Deputy Director in the manner in which I did in the original post. I have met Mr. Trautman, he is doing the job he was hired for and even though he and I may have differing opinions anybody that serves the public in any capacity deserves respect.

The meeting was not canceled. Copy and paste of an email I received today: Minutes of Committee Meeting Committee: Natural Resources and Environment (Senate) Date: 2/4/2014 3:00 PM Location: RM 24 The minutes for this meeting are attached as minutes.pdf This message was automatically generated. Please do not reply to it. The actual minutes of the meeting were attached as a PDF. I have no idea how to get a PDF posted here. Copy and paste won't work. Save as txt file won't work. No link. The meeting lasted 55 minutes. Convened at 3:00 and adjourned at 3:55. What Director Gipp and Deputy Director Trautman addressed the Committee about is not included in the minutes. It was very disrespectful of me to refer to the Deputy Director in the manner in which I did in the original post. I have met Mr. Trautman, he is doing the job he was hired for and even though he and I may have differing opinions anybody that serves the public in any capacity deserves respect.

Fish

Obviously they did something underhanded. Tell the deputy director or whoever was I charge of this to suck it from Indiana for me please. Btw just because someone is a public official doesn't mean they deserve respect.

I disagree. If someone is willing to serve and suffer the slings and arrows their service brings them they deserve respect. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I've never been one to fall in line just because everyone else does. I respect facts and logic. Yes I hate the political game, but I'm just as unforgiving of the individuals who knowing play that game to further their careers. If more people stood up for what they believe in our country wouldn't be experiencing the crap it is today. Sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade regardless of their title.

I've never been one to fall in line just because everyone else does. I respect facts and logic. Yes I hate the political game, but I'm just as unforgiving of the individuals who knowing play that game to further their careers. If more people stood up for what they believe in our country wouldn't be experiencing the crap it is today. Sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade regardless of their title.

Yep I supose that is true.

Something jacked up was going on. I had the day off and would have went. Its a 10 minute drive from my house.
I wonder why they told me it was cancelled.

The public meeting on ICN network is going to be Feb. 26 from 6-9. I don't know that it has been posted yet, but mark your calendars. If you want to be heard, show up. Watch for locations. Rest assured that the DNR knows what needs done and the Governors office and Natural Resource commissioners are getting an earful. Remember, thanks to executive order by Governor Branstad, the final decision is made on his desk. Also remember that he wants his job back and you need to make your interests known to his office. You will get the same canned response that his office has given for two years now, but numbers talk and they do pay attention to them, especially in an election year. But, if you don't also make a presence at the public forum on the ICN, you will have no right to complain.

Just an FYI. Willie Suchy and Dale Garner were rescheduled due to weather. They will still be presenting to the Natural Resources committee. I don't know when yet.

Just an FYI. Willie Suchy and Dale Garner were rescheduled due to weather. They will still be presenting to the Natural Resources committee. I don't know when yet.

As Elkhunter stated in another post there is a weekly calendar posted, next weeks is out already, but there aren't any agendas until, it seems like, the day before.

Top Bottom