Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WTB a blind

The Double bull T2 is a good blind as well. They are a little cheaper and I think they are pretty sweet. I have a matrix, but a T2 would be nice to add to the arsenal.

Limb: Why do they hate the Primos?

Anyone else have a used blind, gotta explore my options...

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

It isn't necessarily the Primos. The company that owns Primos bought Double Bull and Gound Max. The Ground Max blind is the one pictured here

primospreday2.jpg

comments on the durability and fabric as well as a pain to set up. Were the main ones. If I was going to buy one blind I would buy a double bull. No question. If you are hell bent on having something new and want to save $100 or 150 then the ASAT is probably you best bet. I didn't care for the window set up in the ASAT but the other components were close. That being said I would but a used DB Matrix before a new ASAT. Only one mans opinion of course... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Another thing to consider, IMO is whether you plan on leaving your blind out over night. NO way in HELL would I leave either of my DB's or my ASAT over night as they cost too damn much to lose to a thief. Cheap ass blinds like that $129 or others might be the ticket as they are considered disposeable and you aren't out much.

3blinds2en5.jpg

Just buy all the of the ones I have and a half a dozen of those cheap predator $129 Primos ones and you should have your bases covered. Remember; it is only money and you will never see a U-Haul behind a hearse. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New Darkhorse blind in "Ground Swat" camo. I don't like it but everyone else seems to think it's great.

darkhorse.jpg
</div></div>

Muddy, you got to quit showing those beautiful pics of that dark horse...it's turnin' me on!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nock on Wood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does ASAT produce replacable windows after your shoot out of them? </div></div>
No; you would have to have them resewn in yourself. I am not aware of any company selling replacements windows for their blind?? Anybody know??

I guess that I'm not up with the lingo and abbreviations. What does ASAT stand for? WHich one is it in pic of the three side by side?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MOhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What does ASAT stand for? </div></div>

A Suck A$$ Tent.

Seriously, All Season, All Terrain (as it is a camo pattern rather than the blind).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MOhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess that I'm not up with the lingo and abbreviations. What does ASAT stand for? WHich one is it in pic of the three side by side? </div></div>All season; all terrain.
http://www.asatcamo.com/

I am probably the only individual on this site who owns DB and ASAT blinds and probably the only individual also on here that has hunted out of an ASAT and a DB. I can hunt out of any of my three blinds and I like the ASAT the best. I have had much more close encounters with deer with it than I have had with my DB's.
I'll tell you what I don't like about a Matrix; no blind spots to hide behind to draw my bow. The DB BS5 and the ASAT have the small areas I can hide behind and draw my bow undetected, then lean to the left or right at full draw and shoot. The matrix is too open for my liking.

Here is a review on the ASAT and info on it I posted.

http://www.iowawhitetail.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=183501&fpart=1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hardcorehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am probably the only individual on this site who has hunted out of an ASAT and a DB. </div></div>

you are not the only one who has hunted out of both. I have and think the Matrix is the best option of the two!

i know the ASAT's are great blinds and in most situations are every bit as effective as the DB, but i really feel the quality of the fabric and how they are constructed is the major selling point for me. I would also have to disagree with the statment that there are no "blind spots" in the matrix. if you set it up right, and wear the right clothing, you will never have a problem.

I also think the Dark Horse is a top notch system, but i really dont like the new camo pattern. i sure hope the quality and customer service doesnt decrease with the new owner ship.

as far as turkeys go, you could drape a green tarp over you and as long as you dont move, you will kill birds out of whatever.

i own 2 DB's and love them A LOT!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THA4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hardcorehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am probably the only individual on this site who has hunted out of an ASAT and a DB. </div></div>
but i really feel the quality of the fabric and how they are constructed is the major selling point for me.

</div></div>The quality and the cloth is the same exactly. ASAT claims to be an ounce heavier at 9 oz material over the DB, but I can't tell. Same exact rods, same heavy poly/cotton, no shine fabric. I would bet they are made in the same exact chinese factory.

Thank you so much guys! Tons of product out there and everyone has their own opinion. I am still doing endless hours of research. Double bull does have some "returns" from Cabela's that are reduced. The ASAT is great looking as well. I have also found a connection with Ameristep Intimadator? Which one of the three do i get? I need to decide fast, three weeks away yet.

Guys I have a buddy at gander that has been getting quite a few dark horse returns. The poles were breaking. probably a fluke but thought I would let you know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys I have a buddy at gander that has been getting quite a few dark horse returns. The poles were breaking. probably a fluke but thought I would let you know. </div></div>
Wow, glad I have an ASAT and old DB's. My blinds are tough. PISS on those new Dark Horses. Looks like generic camo that they sell on blinds at Orchelin Farm and Supply. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif Sounds like a guy better find old DB's or get an ASAT if you want quality, comfort, reliability, style, great camo patterns, and to be popular with the chics. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom