Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

XOP sticks

rutnstrut

PMA Member
Anybody use XOP climbing sticks? If so whats your opinion on them?

Ive heard they had some failures/hardware breaking problems in the past... Im hoping its a thing of the past. Im nust tured of my boots slipping off of the small LW climbing stick steps when my boots are wet/muddy/snowy... It seems to cause me at least one near death incident every season so Im looking for better options amd the XOP looked like a good replacement

Heard they had some pretty bad issues with quality causing the hardware failure. I am not sure if they addressed that appropriately or if there is a fix out there. Until then thou I wouldn’t be buying.

How about the muddy sticks?

They have had issues breaking in the past, they will send you new hardware to fix it, but not sure how easy they are to work with. Ill stick to my LW sticks but am looking at the new Hunting Beast sticks that just came out from Dan Infalnt

They have had issues breaking in the past, they will send you new hardware to fix it, but not sure how easy they are to work with. Ill stick to my LW sticks but am looking at the new Hunting Beast sticks that just came out from Dan Infalnt

Ive heard theyre suppose to be like $70 a pc and theyre only 2 steps high instead of 3... Gets expensive fast at that price

Ive heard theyre suppose to be like $70 a pc and theyre only 2 steps high instead of 3... Gets expensive fast at that price

True enough. I like that the steps are 1 piece and dont pivot around. Have had a few opsie daisies with my LW flipping when it shouldn't

I love the XOPs. They are beefier than my lone wolfs but seem more solid. More spacing from tree. They are longer than lone wolf also. Not sure of what was breaking. I've sold a lot and never had an issue. If you want ultralight i still think lone wolfs are the way to go.

I looked at Dan's a bit whether it was an updated pic i dont know. I just dont like the fact that its 2 steps. Your gonna need 6 sticks to do what 4 XOPs will do. Not to mention you could buy 2 sets compared to one.

I love the XOPs. They are beefier than my lone wolfs but seem more solid. More spacing from tree. They are longer than lone wolf also. Not sure of what was breaking. I've sold a lot and never had an issue. If you want ultralight i still think lone wolfs are the way to go.

I looked at Dan's a bit whether it was an updated pic i dont know. I just dont like the fact that its 2 steps. Your gonna need 6 sticks to do what 4 XOPs will do. Not to mention you could buy 2 sets compared to one.

I got ahold of XOP and they said that there was an issue but its been fixed and they offer an "upgrade kit" free of charge on their website to modify the older sticks... They claimed it was very limited and even claimed it was from misuse whatever that could be. They recommend getting the upgrade kit for any sticks bought before fall 2017...

I bought 3 sets last fall and I have several sets of the LW's. I like the XOP so far but the versa button and strap set up on the LW is better and easier to use INMO.

I have both sets lone wolf and xop biggest difference is weight in my opinion xop sticks are a lot heavier I think the shipping package said 18lbs don't quote me on that I didn't weigh them but they are deffinatly a lot heavier than my lonewolfs the versa buttons don't hook as easily as lonewolf and the straps do not wrap around the stick as good as the lonewolf in my opinion it kinda gets in the way when you lock them togeather. the upside is they are longer than lonewolfs you can get higher up a tree if needbe and I really like how they all lock togeather very quick and easy and are wrapped in bada** mossyoak bottomland so they smart old buck wont ever know what tree ur in cuz they cant see um!!! and the steps are bigger and curved up and you are off of the tree more. I paid 180 bucks for xop brand new for a set of 4 in my opnion I like both sticks but im more of a hang and hunt kinda guy so I pick the lonewolf completely because of the weight difference

Top Bottom