Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Xterminator Scent Elimination System

I know nothing about it but from what I read online there. To me it is hard to comprehend how well a deer can actually smell. If I can put gas on my clothes, xterminate the scent to a point where I can't smell it, but the question is can a deer still smell it? I know I can't sniff one of my tracks in the snow and smell anything but a deer will turn inside and out when it cuts your track.

Another thing is if you can remove all the scent on your clothes, how long before the scent is back. I sweat horribly to and from the tree. I dress extremely light and still sweat. I can smell it and so can the deer.

There is so many unknowns in this it is hard to say. Deer have amazing scent capabilties we don't. It's easy to fool us but not them. One thing is for sure, if a deer is upwind of you, they aren't going to smell you. I do know a lot of the best hunters out there advertise scentlock etc. I mean I would to if I got it all for free. That is some dang nice clothing. The same with xteminator I would try it if it were for free and probably promote it.

The one thing you gotta remember is typically the best hunters that are advertising these aren't going to set up with the wind blowing at the deer. They are typically very anal in their set ups and will not hunt a bad wind. Heck they usually have the land to have 20 stands in any wind direction. They routinely kill big deer, is it the product? Maybe, but I bet its primarily from hunting smart.

I wish I was more help!! :)

Top Bottom