Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Yearly Ritual

SaskGuy

There are a few things I do each year, but the one thing I don't plan on altering until I die is opening weekend at the cabin with my brother, chasing big post spawn pike. Here's a bit of a photo diary of what was a fantastic couple days. I can honestly say that I would be surprised if there are many places out there where a guy could do what we did. I am not even going to guess how many good fish we caught and released but I honestly think in a few hours and a few more beers just yesterday evening we could have legitimately boated 1000 pounds of toothy critters.
keeley_006.jpg

100 yards and 1 minute from the boat being launched.
keeley_001.jpg

What's not to love?
keeley_010.jpg

keeley_016.jpg

keeley_013.jpg

I had trouble putting up this post, I'm wind burnt, frostbitten, lacking sleep, still slightly wearing of some alcohol, and my hands are very much like hamburger from retrieving hooks out of those toothy bucket mouths for 3 days.....and I am already looking forward to next year.

WOWZA....

Those are some real hogs. Looks like good fishing doesnt even come close to explaining it.

Dean

I always look forward to this post from you Kaare. Never ever make that lake public information, places like that are few and far in between. Awesome pics by the way!!!

Do you really love big teeth Thomas???? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Awesome pics, I am totally jealous!!!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Awsome job Kaare! Nice fish. I would be looking foward to next year to. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Love it Kaare. You guys picked up some nice ones. Looks like a great time. There is no fish i would rather catch than a big pissed off pike!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really need to go up there fishing one of these days... </div></div>

That makes 2 of us! Those are some great fish!

Damn it! I missed another trip to Canada this year! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I look forward to this post every year Kaare!!!

Awesome Man! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom