Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Young Trees:

loneranger

If any out there have young trees..say,,planted this year, be sue and get some water to them. We are running out of time to recharge the water table before freeze up. Dry roots mean, Winter Kill. My ground is dry over 5 ft down. I hauled water to them for the last 4 months in pails. I know was not enough, but I hope they have something in their roots. No significant rains are seen for Nov. I hope forecasts are wrong, but time is running out.

Great reminder!! Have a few I need to go water to make certain they get through the winter. If not, it will only be more work planting them again next year. ;)

Yes ,,this is a Drought,,not just a dry spell. The media is finally coming around. finally heard a report on it on the big Farm show locally. city slickers are wild about the endless "beautiful Weather", but you can have too much beauty.

Yes ,,this is a Drought,,not just a dry spell. The media is finally coming around. finally heard a report on it on the big Farm show locally. city slickers are wild about the endless "beautiful Weather", but you can have too much beauty.

It was only a matter of time, we could only have so many record year rainfalls before it goes the opposite way. Just glad I planted many trees the past 3 years with the plentiful rains so hopefully most of those make it through and I am cutting back on my plantings this coming year in case I do have to water them.

Top Bottom