Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Your Favorite Knife

Shovelbuck

I'm certain that all of us own more than one knife, but if you could have only one, what would be your favorite "Go To" knife?

Although I make my own plus generally have several with me, the knife that get's the most use is my Gerber Magnum LST. I've had it since the mid 80's and it has never let me down. It will easily field dress three deer, including splitting the pelvis and skinning before it needs touched up.

06038-1.jpg

I LOVE my buck knives- no problems or complaints, I also like them far better than many of the other brands I've had. They are made in the USA VS many others in china or wherever- pretty sure at least. I'm sure there's other great ones BUT 0 complaints with my Buck knives!

Love my Buck knives. Use them everytime I am out hunting. The best looking knife I have would have to be a bone handled knife I got from Shovel.

I'm very partial to my Vanguard. It's pretty tough to beat that drop point blade when it come to field dressing and skinning large game.

I carry that Buck and a folding Gerber saw in my pack on every hunt.

In the kitchen I like to have a razor sharp filet knife for cutting loins, steaks, and roasts. The little Rapala branded ones you can buy at Wally World do a pretty good job. I don't even know what I'd buy if I wanted to "upgrade" to a better filet knife.

Funny, I bought a knife at walmart with the winchester name on it. Not sure who makes it for them. It has a gut hook on it, and a wood handle. It was only $15 and I figured it may last a year maybe 2. I have had it for 5 hunting seasons now, and it has held an edge great. The edge out of the package sucked, and I had a friend sharpen it the second year and have not had to do anything to it the last 3. I was shocked. Have used it to gut and skin multiple deer each year. It is due for sharpening now, but I always make sure it is in my pack when I head out hunting.

Carried a Schrade Old Timer Delrin Muskrat folding knife for years (field to freezer use), but after I almost lost it for the second time and since it has great sentimental value to me, I stopped carrying it. Now I carry a Buck Woodsman sheath knife.

Gerber Gator is by far the best knife I've ever handles. It holds an edge forever, sharpens easlily, fits my hand very nicely, and the rubber handle will not slpi even when wet or bloody. The blade is solid in the handle so there is no play, it locks solidly. Its my favorite and my go to.

I used to love my Buck Knife 110s but kept breaking the points off of them so I quit buying them. I have had a Gerber Gator for the past couple years and absolutely love it.

Not only the hunting knives but the knives in general are outstanding.

I agree Limb. My wife spent a lot of money about a year before we were married and bought a large set of their kitchen knives. I thought it was senseless at the time. 34 years later they are still going strong.
I've seen their hunting knives in the catalog before but never knew anybody that used them.

Keep them coming guys. This is a fun post.:way:

I really like this one . I am tired of folding knives, as they are hard to clean, and I want a knife ready to use, with just the pull out of the sheath feature. The Buck Van Guard. Made in USA. Lifetime warranty, Sure grip handle, perfectly balanced, razor sharp, hard steel. They also come in a beautiful rosewood handle, but I wanted functional with good grip for good handleing with blood and fat on my hand, instead of pretty. $60...... 5 out of 5 review on this site also.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...:referralID=NA

104m840.jpg

33m9xfd.jpg

1zdxf13.jpg

Almost forgot about my Browning Wind Knife. One of the sharpest knives in my collection and probably holds an edge better than any I own.

browning%20wind%20hunting%20knife%201.jpg

I have become fond of my buck for deer but as far as my knife with history goes, I have carried a very thin 4 blade Swiss Amy for over 25 years. I have lost 3 and alway have to go searching for the same knife. Thanks to the Web that has become easier. I have on more than one occasion dressed deer with it because I had forgotten hunting knife.

This is my hunting knife, a Buck Kalinga. This knife has skinned many a deer over the years. It holds an edge well and it isn’t all that hard to get a nice sharp shaving edge on it.

It is not however my overall favorite knife, I will post a photo of it later.

picture.php

Top Bottom