Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Your go to knife.

muddy

Everyone has their favorite knife. Be it one you've carried from your 7th birthday to the custom you picked up at a show. Let's see em.

I have several I will share, but I'll start with my favorite, my Dads old Buck Kalinga he bought back on the very early 80s. I gutted my first deer with it and when he died it took me forever to find it, but finally did. It is always with me when hunting.

20170824_192156-1328x747.jpg

If I can get a few more participants I'll post better pics of my 160th anniversary commemorative Hen & Rooster stag handle Bowie.

20170824_213722-747x1328.jpg

That's awesome Matt! I too have a few good ones with some remembrance behind them! I have some that were bought at different iba banquets and such, but I still use grandpa's 119 special! It's one of those things that put it all into perspective! I'm not good at photos but thanks for sharing!

• Deleted by IowaBowHunter1983
Show…
  • Deleted by IowaBowHunter1983
Show…
I have a couple of safe queens, two Marble sheath knives, one was my Grandfather's, the other his father's. I'm not going to risk losing them by carrying them in the field.

My daughter gave me a Case 110 Muskrat double blade pocket knife for Christmas one year. I carried it for awhile until I lost it. I set it on the side of the truck bed after field dressing a deer in a corn field, drove off. I got home, realized I didn't have it, remembered I had set it down, went back out and found it with a flashlight. After that scare, I carry newer, replaceable knives for everyday use.

I have a couple of safe queens, two Marble sheath knives, one was my Grandfather's, the other his father's. I'm not going to risk losing them by carrying them in the field.

My daughter gave me a Case 110 Muskrat double blade pocket knife for Christmas one year. I carried it for awhile until I lost it. I set it on the side of the truck bed after field dressing a deer in a corn field, drove off. I got home, realized I didn't have it, remembered I had set it down, went back out and found it with a flashlight. After that scare, I carry newer, replaceable knives for everyday use.

Be cool to see a pic of them !

I never got into the knife collecting bug. I carry this Schrade 2 1/2 folding knife. Bought it years ago for less than 10 bucks. It's always in my pack and sharpens easy.
IMG_0208.JPG

I've had an Old Timer brand knife for 8-10 years now that's been pretty good . Lately though been using the havalon piranha . Everyone laughed deer season when I gutted a deer with it then suddenly wanted to use it after I changed it a nice fresh blade . :rolleyes:

I had and Old Timer I tried to purchase at our local hardware store as a teenager and a longtime church member who worked there would not let me until he ok'd it with my folks. They did of course a week later. Lost it in the field after dressing my first really nice buck. The old school hardware store is gone and the fellow church member has moved away to a retirement village. It's just an object but the connections to the memories of the church member and going to hardware store as a kid are why the loss of the knife is bothersome. The things that trigger memories can be interesting.

I don't collect knives either, have just acquired several over the years. On a forum where so many members are begging for more action I was hoping to get some with this thread. Regardless, I'm going to keep it going until I'm out of blades. Hopefully some more participate? If need be I can post your knive pics anonymously. =)

The H&R, it is gorgeous. A guy gave it to me for some full length turkey feathers.
20170824_214207.jpg

^^^ I would trade turkey feathers for that knife any day!

I know, right? When it showed up I about crapped my pants. When I priced it online I did crap my pants. It really is a gorgeous blade, just not functional unless you're sticking pigs.

Well, people complain about no action but won't post... oh well, here's another one.

This is a J Marttiini 290 "double knife" out of Finland.. traded a recurve for it. Really cool set with gorgeous wood handles and neat blade etching. I've never used it. It is the one above with thepiggy back style sheath. Very neat.

20170919_170347-800x800.jpg

Top Bottom