Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Your Invited

OneCam

I want to personally invite Iowawhitetail members to Iowa's first Quality Deer Manage Association Banquet.

This event will be a great time to discuss our passion of hunting whitetails, eat a fantastic dinner and support a great organization - QDMA. Send me a PM or email at clane@iowawhitetail.com if your interested.

[ QUOTE ]

March 26th
Vittoria Lodge on 2nd Ave, North of 35/80
Doors Open at 5:30pm

Single Ticket - $40.00
Couples - $65.00
Kids(18 and Under) - $15.00

A single ticket includes an Iowa pork-chop meal, and a 1 year membership to
QDMA (or a one year extension to previous members. A couples ticket is the
same as a single ticket with the addition of a meal for the spouse or
significant other. Childrens' tickets will include a meal of their choice,
whether it be the Iowa Chop or something from our kids menu.

National Sponser - $625.00

Includes: 1 national sponsership to QDMA, 7 individual memberships, 8
meals, free hats/pins/etc., raffle tickets for sponser raffle, choice of (1)
Larry Zach limited print framed and matted, and recognition in Quality Whitetails
plus local regonition. Zach print choices include Rivals 2 & 3, and Big
Buck series.

Chapter Sponser - $500.00

Includes: Chapter Sponsorship recognition at the banquet, 8 individual memberships, 8
meals, free hats/pins/etc., raffle tickets, Larry Zach limited print framed and
matted, and local recognition only.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sponsorships are really a great deal.
waytogo.gif

I'll leave you with some great information regarding this organization ...

Quality Deer Management Association / Central Iowa Chapter

Mission: To promote sustainable, high quality whitetail deer populations, wildlife habitats, and ethical hunting experiences through education, research and management in partnership with hunters, landowners, natural resource professionals and the public.

What is QDM?
QDM is a management approach that produces healthy deer herds with balanced adult sex ratios and an increased number of older mature bucks.

How can I as an individual be a manager?
Herd management is the easiest and essential part. As a hunter every time you squeeze the trigger, release the string, or let a deer walk by you are in turn becoming a manager of the herd. Letting a 1 1/2, 2 1/2, 3 1/2 year or older buck walk to live another year or harvesting a mature doe to help balance the sex ratio is making you as a hunter a manager. This coupled with habitat management, hunter management education, and herd monitoring make up the cornerstones of the QDM package. This starts on an individual basis. As individual results are obtained and friends and neighbors are educated we can all participate and enjoy the results of our efforts and education.

How will I benefit from QDM?
By balancing adult sex ratios and an increasing the number of adult bucks in a herd results in a earlier defined, intense rut. This allows these deer to maintain their body reserves allowing them to sustain improved physical condition throughout the winter and into spring. Instead of rebuilding their reserves lost over a drawn out rut and long winter they can use the lush browse of spring and summer for increased body and antler development. Overall QDM will provide a much healthier herd with densities the habitat can sustain.

As a local chapter we support.
The HUSH Program (Help Us Stop Hunger)

TIP (Turn In Poachers)

Archery In Schools Program

Hunter Education Program

What do I get from joining/attending?
1. Entitles you to a magazine subscription to "Quality Whitetails" that covers all aspects of deer biology and QDM practices.

2. Involvement in local chapter meetings. This is a network of like-minded people currently meeting in Ankeny.

3. Access to QDMA's experts through seminars and workshops.

4. Discounts on commonly used deer management products and services. This includes seeds, trees, and equipment.

5. Access to QDMA's extensive line of educational resources

6.The satisfaction of joining like-minded people in an effort to preserve our deer-hunting heritage.

Hope to see you there
waytogo.gif

It should be fun. I think it is a great group to support. I hope to see many Iowa Whitetailers there!
grin.gif

Old Buck

What more could you ask for?
An awesome Iowa Chop dinner, 1yr membership to QDMA and of course, spending an evening with me.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

On a more serious note,
It will be a relaxed atmosphere with people eating and drinking, and most importantly, discussing whitetails. We are currently in the process of finding a speaker for the banquet as well.

If you were planning on joining QDMA, this is the time to do it. Your ticket will include a yearly membership (or extension), 1 meal, and the opportunity to participate in the live/silent auctions plus the raffle.

Central IA QDMA will also host a booth at the Iowa Deer Classic this year. Tickets for the banquet will be up for sale at the classic, and we will be located in the booth next to Larry Zach.

Hope to see you at the classic!

BT

[ QUOTE ]
An awesome Iowa Chop dinner, 1yr membership to QDMA

[/ QUOTE ]

And to think....... my wife has been asking me to take her out to dinner.
smirk.gif

Anybody interested PM OneCam, Big Timber, Bowhunt, Columbus, Hard Head, Old Buck, or myself to arrange ticket pick up.

Great to have ya Ghost!

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Tickets are availible at the door, but try and let me know in advance so I can plan accordingly.

Thanks,

BT

[ QUOTE ]

Tickets are availible at the door, but try and let me know in advance so I can plan accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just did BT!!!
blush.gif

Not you Ghost,
I knew you were coming
grin.gif

Were looking at attendance of around 100 as of today. I believe that number is incredible considering how new we are to the state of IA.

We would love to see more IW members at the banquet.

BT

Hey for all you last minute guys that decide you want to come out tonight give us a cal. The prizes are great! Swarovski binoculars, Remington auto shotgun, Ruger stainless .44 mag pistol, Mathews bows, Knight muzzleloader, plus tons of raffle items! Prints galore!

Last edited:
Regretfully I can not come this evening. I hope it is a great turnout and Ghost wins some cool stuff
grin.gif
as well as the other IW folks attending. I'll plan on it next year tho

[ QUOTE ]
Regretfully I can not come this evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last minute Family Dinner to attend. I'm excited.
frown.gif

Top Bottom