Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Your weapon of choice ?

Shovelbuck

Well folks, hunting seasons are close or already started. What's your favorite weapon for the game you will be chasing this year?

For myself, I haven't had time to do much bow shooting this summer so I will use the black bow for archery.............................

100_2047-Copy.jpg

I shot it the other day and it's spot on.:way:

For muzzleloading, the weapon of choice will be the new flint fowler.........

100_3208.jpg

But if the mood strikes, I have others to choose from.;)

ManCave-Copy.jpg

OK Iowawhitetailers, prove to everyone that this forum isn't dead. Post away !!!!!!!!!!
Let's see what you're using. !!!!!
We haven't gotten to the point where we keep our bows and muzzleloaders secret have we?????????

Bambi thumper should see a lot of action again this fall.:D
vealison.jpg

S7300354.jpg

Probably get the Savage out at some point.
DSCF1179.jpg

Bow is my fave. PSE Litespeed.

DSCF0930_3_0177_177-1.jpg

Next best thing is the muzz. CVA Kodiak.

muzzbuck.jpg

Hopefully in the near future I'll have the dough for major upgrades. Until then, these do just fine! :)

Last edited:
I don't take pictures well and even if i did I don't know how to post them.
As for weapon of choice I am not sure how one chooses that. It all depends on who what when and where.

For deer I guess if I had to I would pick my Knight Disc rifle, but if we are making a small drive somewhere it is nice to have the extra shots of my Rem 1100.

For bow hunting it would be the old hickory self bow.

For pheasants and the rumored quail it would be split between an old Ithaca SKB 20 gauge o/u or a Charles Daily 12 gauge auto that I won at a NWTF banquet several years ago.

For turkeys I would pick the Knight TK2000 ML shotgun, unfortunately it only gets fired a couple of times a year, but is still a hoot.

For the squirrel season rapidly approaching it will be either a little Henry lever action .22 or a Lyman trade rifle 50 cal. Both make it a lot more hunting and not so much about just shooting a bunch of squirrels.

For fishing it will still be a flyrod but this summer I have gotten reacquainted with my old spinning rods, fishing for walleyes at the spillway at Lake Rathbun. I just couldn't seem to make that flyrod work in that heavy fast water, but a lindy rig sure did well. :D

Deer 50 cal TC Omega, stainless steel fluted barrel with the thumb hole stock, everything else Benelli Nova 20 gauge. I'm with bowmaker, can't take pictures worth a hoot and can't get them posted if I could.

Top Bottom