Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Bows

Blaster

PMA Member
I was wondering what everyone's kids were shooting for bows. I have a Nuclear ice for my boys but they have out grown it. It's time for me to get them one that they can grow with and hunt with. The 3 bows I am looking at are the diamond infinite edge, hoyt ignite, and the mission craze. I'm a Mathews guy so I am leaning toward the craze but I have read some good things about the other 2 bows also. And the price tag on the Diamond seems to be the best since I will have to buy 2 bows!:D

Mission bows are very good. I have shot them some and they shoot like a much more expensive bow imo. If you want to sell that nuclear ice let me know. Have 3 young kids starting.

We're in the same boat with our 7-year old son. He's one adjustment away from outgrowing his Nuclear Ice if he hasn't reached it already. Our shop down here is pushing the Diamond Infinite Edge (Pro?) as the way to go for him over Mission and Hoyt. Its a great bow out the door and the price is extremely hard to beat. From what I've researched, its the best one for him to grow with until he's ready to get his own bow when he's in his teens.

His Nuclear Ice may be on the market in the next couple of months.

My oldest is still shooting a mission. The menace I think. It's more of a traditional D shaped compound. It was the lower cost of the two mission youth bows. The other I think is the Riot??? A more parallel limb design that also i believe went up to 70 Lbs. I was considering the Riot but the guy at the store pointed out that by the time my son could pull that kind of weight he'd be ready for an adult size bow. He was right. Oldest is 14 now and a skinny drink of water. Growing up not out. The bow is easy to adjust and he shoots it very accurately.

In the same boat with my 7 year old. He is on the verge of needing to be bumped up but I would like him keep with nuclear ice one more year as he is on the small side anyway. When it is time I will be getting him an edge. Great bow to grow into.

Last edited:
At what age did most of you start your kids shooting bows? My four year old is dying to start, and loves the nerf one he has. All he talks about is getting a bow.

mine were both 3 when I started them with nuclear ice bows. My youngest is 4 and he shot a hand full of 3d courses with his this summer. My 7 year old would do it every weekend if I would let him.

My son has a Mission Craze and it is a pretty sweet bow, the adjustability on them is crazy. 15-70# 17-30" draw. Great bow that they can grow with. Im not a matthews guys but im glad we went with it.

We went through this step last spring with my then 8 y/o. He stepped up from a Genesis and ended up settling on the Hoyt Ignite. First Hoyt I've ever had in my house but it seems to be just what we were looking for. He completed the R100 on Saturday with it and did well. The Craze was our next pick and would have been fine too I'm sure.

Top Bottom