Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Bows

Central Iowa

Life Member
There was a post about youth bows awhile back that I can't find does anyone remember where it was. I have a buddy looking to buy one for his son. Any new thoughts on anything new?

Central,
Have him check out the new Mathews Mustang. Pretty neat little bow. I've never shot one, but I've handled one and heard pretty good things about it. I think it's adjustable from 19 to 26 inches with a draw weight from 20 to 50 pounds or somewhere around there anyway. Might be a little pricey, but if he or she is young enough, it could last them quite a while.
CRITR

Mustang

The new short draw bow from Mathews. Its a compact package of power-packed performance!

The Mathews Mustang may be short on draw length, but its long on innovative features: the Perimeter Weighted cam, Harmonic Dampers, String Suppressors and Roller Guard.

The Mustang is available in draw lengths ranging from 19" to 26" and in peak draw weights from 20 to 50 lbs. There is a Mustang for virtually every short draw length shooter - man, woman or child!

MSRP $549.00

Find the nearest retailer

Specifications
IBO Rating (FPS) (approx.) 280 @ 26 in./50 lbs.
AMO Rating
(FPS) (approx.) -
Cam(s) Mustang Performance Cam
Draw Weight 20, 30, 40, 50 lbs.
Draw Length 19 - 26 in. Half Sizes 22.5 - 25.5 in.
Axle to Axle Length
(approx) 31 3/4 in.
Brace Height
(approx.) 5 3/4 in.
Riser Length 16 in.
Physical Weight
(approx.) 3.2 lbs.
Letoff (%) 70%
String/Cable Length String 85 3/8" Cable 33 1/4"

CRITR

how big of a kid? if its a first bow, and not necessarily a hunting bow, go wit a mathews genesis, or genesis pro. even a hoyter like supertec will give it a
waytogo.gif

Browning makes a very nice youth bow called the Micro Midas III. The great thing about this bow is that its adjustable from 18"-28", and comes in 20-30#, or 30-40# poundages. Your looking at about $179.99... but if you really liked the kid, you'd get him a Hoyt Banshee.

I agree with Arrowsmith - and if any of you have meet teeroy - that really is him in his avatar.
grin.gif
grin.gif

busted.gif
That avatar has been driving me crazy for months and then I shot forty targets with teeroy last week and I still think it needs to go. Teeroy on the other hand may not be as mouthy as he would like us all to think. Spittin' image of him I say
busted.gif

Supertec you don't really talk trash back but when you do they are pretty darn good ones. I'll give you
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
for that one. Tee-roy you couldn't expect Ironwood not to hammer you on that also..... could you?
grin.gif
grin.gif

CamoKid shoots a Hoyt Banshee, and that has turned out to be a pretty good bow. Not very expensive, either. Teeroy watched him outshoot his dad (me) on several targets up to 40 yards.

well, i never would have guessed that a youth bow discussion would turn into a teeroy bashing, but i can handle it.
as far as the orginal topic, mr. superturd (aka captain hoyter) actually OWNS a genesis, so you won't hear him bad mouth them, he's just peeved that i let the cat out of the bag. and i even throw him a bone (even though he'd rather have the cow it came from) that hoyt thing that the camokid shoots, would make a heck of a first hunting bow.
ironWood, what do you have against matt foley, motivational speaker?

Teeroy lives in a van down by the river!
Yes I admit it, I do have a genesis bow for teaching the archery in school program. Central Iowa Archery does have a camo genesis bow for $199.99. You can put sights and rests on it. Would still go with the Banshee thought, I believe you can get more pounds out of it if he wants to hunt with it.
good luck

Come on teeroy - do the thing with the coat! You know...

"Big man in a little co-oat..."
30577-rotflmao1.gif

fat guy ina little coat....fat guy ina little coat...
just for you kat
also....tommy want wingies

just something sinister about somebody who doesn't love farley. greatest comedic actor ever. not too sure about ironWood. first second i meet him, he gives me slack about farley. just can't let it go....that is just wrong.

and you, turd, your bloated carcass just may show up in a van, down by the river

The Hoyt Banshee is $149.99, and will get him into the right poundage for hunting. The Genesis is $189.99 and only goes up to 20 pounds. CIA has both in stock. Check out their open house this weekend, all the reps will be on hand.

supertec, their is the mathews genesis pro, which will top out at 30# and has a draw stop... but I believe you can get 45# out of the banshee.

The Mathews Genesis is a good choice for kids, due to 15-30" draw lengths and 10-20# draws. There is zero let off with these bows. The prices are $169.99 for Camo Versions and $159.99 for all other colors.

Like they were saying, I shoot a Hoyt Banshee, and it works great. It is my first hunting bow and has lasted me for a couple years. It's dead-on accurate with the proper equipment and very reliable. I'm currently shooting 47 pounds, but it can go up to 50. I haven't tried the others, but I can tell you this one is a quality buy.

the Browning series of kids bows are awesome. the micro midas2 and the micro midas3 both have incredibly versatile ranges for growing kids. i think that the midas 3 has a draw length adjustability of 10 inches (15-25 inch draw) while the midas 2 has around 5 or so. they're also very affordable as well.

Top Bottom