Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Muzzleloader

boneil

I am looking at purchasing a youth muzzleloader for the upcoming year for my son and daughter. I did an internet search and the Rossi brand is the one that popped up. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions. Plenty of time to find one, but thought I would do a little research first. Thanks for your help.

Brian

Rossi is the best I have found for youth muzzleloaders. Some youth guns are the same bulky gun with a shorter stock. The Rossi is downsized perfectly for youngsters. I bought my kids the stainless steel .45 cal. We load 50 grains of 777 with 180 gr sabots.

If you don't already have the other guns, Rossi has a combo package that comes with three barrels; muzzleloader, rifle, and shotgun. I believe that Central Iowa recently purchased the package. You might PM him for details.

My oldest two children, OneCam's son, and Central Iowa's son each shot their deer this year with the same Rossi .45 cal. Good luck!:way:

I was thinking the same thing. I want to look at one before I buy it, but FYI, my small framed 8 year old son shot an adult sized ML this year with the thumb hole stock. 75 grains of powder and 200 sum grain sabot. The setup worked for us shooting from a blind with a bipod. The youth model may be the better way to go so he can hold it himself. Does anyone else know of a dealer for these Rossi's? Shiells maybe?

If you can fine the Rossi in a .45 cal Youth Model you had better buy it. They were very hard to get earlier this year.

I could have sold a half dozen of them but I was unable to fine any through my suppliers. :(

Last edited:
I was told by Lindy at Lindy's guns that these youth muzzeloaders were no longer made. My 12 year old had one and we had trouble with the hammer not staying cocked. Very scary with a kids gun. It did shoot great and he killed six deer with it. If you do get one please watch the hammer to make sure its safe to shoot.

I was told by Lindy at Lindy's guns that these youth muzzeloaders were no longer made. My 12 year old had one and we had trouble with the hammer not staying cocked. Very scary with a kids gun. It did shoot great and he killed six deer with it. If you do get one please watch the hammer to make sure its safe to shoot.
Thanks for the info. Did he mention a recall by Rossi on any of these? My youth Rossi has had no issues and is quite a shooter, but if Rossi has a fix for these, better safe then sorry.

Top Bottom