Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Season Changes

Palmated

Did the proposed change of 15 and under get approved? I was looking at the new season dates and it said 12-15. My son is 10 and has hunted the last two years in the 2nd season gun and last year the Thanksgiving hunt. I would really like for him to be able to hunt in the youth season. Last year he killed two does with one shot. Lucky Little sh!t.

3. Allows youths under 16 (no lower age limit) to participate in the youth season and allows them and disabled hunters to purchase any other any-sex and antlerless licenses for which they would normally be eligible.
All changes must be approved by Legislative Administrative Rules Committee

Did I read that right...that they can get up to 3 antlerless tags during the youth season...or just for the other seasons?? Lot of reading in there...
smirk.gif

My son turns 15 tomorrow so he won't be abe to hunt in the youth season ...thought I saw that they have to buy the tag before they turn 15...or is that 16?? Sheesh!
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Are the new laws out yet, or only the season dates?
Jeff~

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
All changes must be approved by Legislative Administrative Rules Committee

[/ QUOTE ]

Not cut in stone yet... I think they come out the end of July maybe?

Here is the list of rule changes.
The final rule for the 2006/2007 deer season was approved on June 15 by the NRC. The regulations must still be approved by the Legislative Administrative Rules Committee. The season dates and structure remained the same except for changes in calendar dates. The only change was the removal of the week extension of the January season in southern Iowa. The final rule includes the following changes:

1. Requires all hunters to register the deer they kill within 24 hours after they recover the deer. Registration will be by phone or the internet. The hunter will receive a verification number that must be written on the transportation tag.

2. Requires all landowners and tenants to certify that they meet eligibility requirements before they can obtain a landowner license. Notices will be mailed to all individuals who have obtained a landowner license within the past 5 years. They can use the form or register online. Individuals will not be able to obtain a landowner license if they have not completed the certification process.

3. Allows youths under 16 (no lower age limit) to participate in the youth season and allows them and disabled hunters to purchase any other any-sex and antlerless licenses for which they would normally be eligible.

4. Simplifies who can get antlerless licenses. Hunters can obtain up to 3 county specific antlerless licenses for any season before October 1 and an unlimited number after October 1 and they can obtain 3 licenses for the January antlerless season in those counties that are open before October 1 and an unlimited after October 1 with 2 exceptions:
The exceptions are:
1. Hunters can obtain paid licenses (either any-sex or antlerless) for only 1 of the 2 shotgun seasons.
2. Only hunters who have purchased an any sex license for the early muzzleloader season will be allowed to purchase antlerless licenses for the early muzzleloader season. The any-sex quota stays at 7,500.

Licenses for the November antlerless season will go on sale on November 11th. If the county quota has sold out then there will be no November antlerless season.

5. Set the county antlerless license quotas. The number of antlerless licenses available for 2006/2007 is 99,850 which are 3,150 less than was available in 2005/2006. The antlerless quotas were reduced in 34 counties, stayed the same in 61 counties and were increased in 4 counties.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess that answers my questions!
smile.gif

Top Bottom