Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Season Extension??

HuntNFish

Been hearing of IDNR considering allowing youth tags to be valid for all seasons until filled much like the current Iowa Youth Deer Tag. Good for all season? if not it should be considered.

I couldn't resist! It would be a great thing for the young hunters I hope it passes. My kids are grown now but when they were young and hunting with me those where good times!

I'm confused. A youth tag is already good for any season until it's filled, that's the way I understood and have done it.

The Governor signed this bill today. Now would be a good time to email him and thank him for signing this piece of legislation. We bang on him a lot for his stance on deer issues so it wouldn't hurt to show him some appreciation. And then bang on him some more for his stance on deer issues.

Awesome, great piece of legislation. This will help promote the sport with the youth in Iowa, along with allowing time to fill the tag with a bow for the youth. Good for him, good for us, good for the state...

"Effective upon enactment" means the bill becomes law before the ink is dry on the document. The Senate added this as an amendment to be sure it took effect this year.

Top Bottom