Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Season load

bukket

I came to this forum last fall and winter seeking advice, and also did quite a bit of reading in addition to the questions I asked. After putting everything together I wanted to thank everyone again and let them know some results.

My 9 year old is shooting a brand new Traditions Pursuit Ultralight XLT this year. I topped it with a Nikon and had it boresighted a few weeks ago.

This week we took everything to the range and sighted it in. I have him shooting 60 grains of Blackhorn behind a 250 gr. Hornady SST. The recoil is just noticeable and very easy for him to handle. I've got him shooting 3" groups off a shooting stick at 40 yards. He is also on a pie plate out to 75 yards. We're both very excited for youth season to get here. We're going to shoot once a week from here on out and try to make this new gun feel like an old friend by the time September rolls around.

Sounds like you are doing the prep work to make it a successful season. I hope your hard work and practice pay off!:way:

Had the great nephews out last week doing some shooting with 22s and the ML, used 60 grains of 777 and 250 sst. We had some old bowling pins that the boys set up and did they have a blast. They called it smoke bowling. If you can find some they will keep young boys interested (and old uncles) in shooting accurately.

Top Bottom