Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

z7 Extreme

Jdubs

Guys, I was a Hoyt guy for many years; with my last Hoyt being the Cybertech. Switched to Bowtech and loved my Allegience from 06 to 10. Just bought my first Mathews, a Z7 Extreme, and have to say it is the best bow I have owned. The hype is real.

Just started shooting mine yesterday. Sweet bow. I thought I would have a really hard time giving up my Switchback XT but I think I am going to be okay now.

Looks like a sweet rig. Not sure I would be a huge fan of the ATA on it. The tactical is a real good looking bow too.

I am sure it shoots sweet, but way to short ATA for me.

If they make a 34-36" ATA bow then it might peak my interest.

I shot one as soon as I could get my hands on one... I had my Z7 in for some "repairs" and I got to shoot mine side by side with it....I couldnt justify the cost to difference. Yea the extreme was a little different feeling but not for what they the money they wanted for it.

i got a Z7 last year and love it, however do any of you guys with a z7 notice it makes a squeak the first time you draw it back. mine does it every time i shoot , just the first shot than its quiet but it bugs the crap out of me...im trying to fix it myself rather than take it in but i think i may end up taking it...any help???

My Z7 does not do that. I would have it dealt with if it did. I'll stick with my regular Z7 for now, I usually upgrade every 3 years & I'm sure there will be a sweet Mathews on the horizon by then.

Stringleech
It is the two little black rings on your top axle that the cable hooks on. They get dirt behind them and need to be cleaned and greased. It will take care of your problem. Guarantee it. I have a Z7 and I agree with bowhuntr311.

Stringleech
It is the two little black rings on your top axle that the cable hooks on. They get dirt behind them and need to be cleaned and greased. It will take care of your problem. Guarantee it. I have a Z7 and I agree with bowhuntr311.
Right on NonTyp. I think they call those things QCRs. Most shops will replace them for nothing I think. Just had new ones put on my bow and it is good to go. Good luck Leech.

Picked mine up yesterday. It's nice but I just couldn't trade in my DXT. Am I the only one who hates trading in old equipment? Does the cost of new archey equipment make everyone want to puke!!!

thanks guys, did that last year...its still doing it. i think it may have to do with the fact that i have it turned down a bit due to a neck problem i had last year...ive turned it up almost to max now and it seems to have gone away. i will try the qcr's again though ..thanks and good luck this year

Picked mine up yesterday. It's nice but I just couldn't trade in my DXT. Am I the only one who hates trading in old equipment? Does the cost of new archey equipment make everyone want to puke!!!

Until a deer tells me he doesn't want to get shot with my Hoyt SportTec because it's too old, I'll keep shooting them with it..

Changed out rests on my z7 extreme. Had a trophy ridge fall away and didnt like it. Yesterday I put a Ripcord on and love it. The bow is unreal. HHA 5019 single pin and the Ripcord make this thing a killer. I know my Bowtech was 5 years old but the z7 blows it away.

Z7

I have been really thinking about getting rid of my XT and buying a new Z7 etreme. It just that this xt shoots o dang good. I shoot alot of 3d and the Xt works great. I consitanlly shoot in the 300 range with it, but with all the talk about this z7 i might have to break down and retire old faithful.

Thing is how much further can mathews advance their solo cam I believe they are maxed out on what they can do with it.

Top Bottom