Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zach's 2010 Bow Harvest

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
Good buddy of mine shoot this big boy, story and pix below!
Not the first big buck he has brought down..... :drink2:

Congrats Zach!!
:way:

I harvested this buck last week. Friday night we had our first big snow here in NW Iowa and the animals were on the move. I was planning on going pheasant hunting in the morning but the winds were high and the cover was blown in. Our group of pheasant hunters decided to wait until the wind died down to go shoot some roosters. I like to hunt pheasants, but I love hunting deer and the conditions seemed too good to be true for deer hunting so I bailed out on the group and headed to take an early deer stand.

When I headed down the hill to my favorite rut tree stand, I spooked out two fawns and a doe with a big buck on her tail right below me. I continued to my stand, hung my bow, and sat down. The temperature got hot enough and the snow was melting. Chunks of snow were falling off the branches and water was dripping everywhere. After about fifteen minutes of sitting in the stand, I pulled out my grunt tube and called to the north and south. Not long after I looked behind me to the north, and a huge buck was heading up a shelf about thirty yards away toward my tree stand.

After I saw the buck, I grabbed for my bow right away. When I looked back at him again, he turned his head to the left and I recognized this buck from the trail cam pics (he is the buck I wanted to get this season)! He turned his head forward again and stayed on the trail leading to my stand. I waited until he stopped between a tree and me until I pulled my bow back. He started walking again and I had my sight where I wanted so I released while he was on the move. It was a great shot placement and I knew he wasn't going far . He ran about thirty yards in front of me, stood for about ten seconds, and then crashed.

Grossed 169
Netted 164

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice buck! That is a beautiful picture with the snow. Wish his bowtine wasn't busted, but either way nice work...

Awesome buck, congrats. Never had the chance to bow hunt in the snow, bet it's an awesome scene.

What an awesome buck and the fact that he was your target buck makes it all the more special. The snow harvest photos are great! Congrats Zach!:way:

Top Bottom