Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zen-Ray Optics

muddy

Anyone have any comments, good or bad, for Zen Ray optics. Have been doing some binocular shopping and was told that Zen Ray have exceptionally clear glass and compare to Swarovskis for quite a bit less in price. At the moment I've been saving for awhile and almost have the $$$ for the Swaro's but figured I'd ask about the ZenRays.

Just get the Swaro's and in 25 years you'll still be saying..."Damn, that was a good move on my part"

You and your common sense approach DOR. That's the way I'm leaning but just pursuing all options. ZR have come on strong lately, awesome reviews.

Talk to Hardcorehunter in another post he said that he purchased a pair of Zen Ray binos this past season. He is a gear junkie

I have a buddy from NM that is an optic expert(his field of employment) and he turned me on to Zen Rays. I have their Zen ED2 8X43's. Simply awesome glass! He also taught me why 8 powers are better then 10 powers for binos. Google them on Archerytalk. Vchris is the username on AT, he has the credentials and knowledge on glass and has some excelllent reads over there. I showed a friend of mine in Ames mine the other day, he was HIGHLY impressed. They also have a lifetime transferable warranty.

IMO for the money they can't be beat. I started selling them last spring and they have taken on quite well around me. Sold a ton of them and everyone has been extremely happy with them.

Swarovski's are nice but I would bet money if you owned both you'd have a very hard time justifying the price difference.

IMO for the money they can't be beat. I started selling them last spring and they have taken on quite well around me. Sold a ton of them and everyone has been extremely happy with them.

Swarovski's are nice but I would bet money if you owned both you'd have a very hard time justifying the price difference.

Where is your store located? It would be worth a drive to come take a look at the 10x43 and compare them next to some EL's

I've had Swaros for 12 years now and have never regretted that decision, but I also have work-related justification. In that time, I've looked at several other brands of glass, including Nikon, Vortex, Burris, etc. and, for the money, they are very high quality glass. Nonetheless, absolutely no regrets on the Swaros. I know nothing about the Zen Rays but, as DOR and Antlerfreak said...down the road...especially since you are that close on the $$!

I've had my Swaro's for 4 yrs. I have had people brag about there binos of other brands that say they compare to Swaro's until they look threw mine and there usual comment is damn those are nice. Swaro's are high, but as others have said I have never regretted droping the cash on them. It's a once in a lifetime purchase for me and I did not want something that compared to something else, I wanted the best.

Jeremy

I'm probably 95% sure I'll get the ELs, just now I'm trying to find some sort of bino buddy shoulder harness thing to carry them in. The Badlands one sounds a little small for them.

A regular binocular strap is all I've ever used and never had any issues. I've put my Swaros through the wringer out here in the mountains and along the rivers doing bird surveys in DENSE riparian veg as well as chapparal and they have held up well. I'm not a huge fan of the Badlands case because of the extra movement required to get them out. Yes, they are protective, but when you need your binos quickly, the harness is much more efficient than the case, IMO. Any variety of the following (lots to pick from) type of harness will work great.

http://www.eagleoptics.com/binocular-accessories/eagle-optics/eagle-optics-bino-system-harness-strap

I think I have an extra used one in my gun safe I might could send you if I can convince my wife that we can get a new one if she ever gets her pair of Swaros.

Of all I have used, I presonally like the strap that comes on them and just put it over one shoulder and under the other. It stayes out of the way better, but is a little harder to use, but not much. the bino buddies always seem to strech out and hang down in the way. IMO.

Of all I have used, I presonally like the strap that comes on them and just put it over one shoulder and under the other. It stayes out of the way better, but is a little harder to use, but not much. the bino buddies always seem to strech out and hang down in the way. IMO.

Tape em in place.

i have the badlands case and it works well, it takes a tenth of a second longer to get your binos up to your eyes so that isn't an issue. only problem is that if you don't watch out when you close it up it can make a slap noise when the magnets hit each other.

I was in Ankeny today, so I stopped at Sportsmans whse, as I have been wanting to compare my 8X43 ED2's against the Swaros. They had a $2000 pair of 8 powers in stock, so the sales rep and I went outside to compare them. We focused on some grain elevators approx a mile away ,NE of the store, directly over Menards roof. I honestly challenge anyone to tell the difference in optic quality, and further more, in toughness, construction wise. The entire staff in optics were amazed at the crispness and clarity of my binos. One sales rep wore glasses, and he thought the swaros had a little better eye relief for him. Mine cost $400 new, and have a lifetime, transferrable warranty. I am not afraid of spending $ on the best equipment, and to me, I did, as there is no way, a $1600 difference in the pair. Like Vchris said, euro glass prices are going to have to drop dramatically, once the word gets out on the Zen Rays.

Top Bottom