Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zeroing Muzzleoader

sivymp1

OK I went out to check my zero on my TC Omega. I was all over the place. I usally have a tight group with my M4 and have been shooting for more than 20 years so I know the basics but have not been shooting the muzzleloader for that long. Should I run a patch through every shot, wrong ammo or powder? Any hints would be great:confused:

i have a tc omega i shoot 245 gr powerbelts pushed buy 100 gr of triple 7 pellets i have mine shooting 2 inchs high at 100 yards shooting a real nice tight group

My Dad, myself, and 2 brothers all have TC Omegas. All 4 guns like a different bullet-powder combination. It takes some tinkering no doubt about it.

Should I run a patch through every shot, wrong ammo or powder? Any hints would be great

Theres been lots of threads on ML consistant accuracy. It is more of a proccess of elimination and I always start with the easy and cheapest things 1st.

1. Make sure your barrel is clean, and swab it out between each shot.
2. Make sure your scope rings and mounts are tight.
3. Shoot at 50 yards or less from a sled or a good solid rest. That helps eliminate shooter error.
4. Adjust your powder loads.
5. Last resort would be to try different bullets.

Almost all ML can be dialed in pretty tight. Sometimes you can get it right away and other times it takes a bit of tinkering.

Good luck............

Theres been lots of threads on ML consistant accuracy. It is more of a proccess of elimination and I always start with the easy and cheapest things 1st.

1. Make sure your barrel is clean, and swab it out between each shot.
2. Make sure your scope rings and mounts are tight.
3. Shoot at 50 yards or less from a sled or a good solid rest. That helps eliminate shooter error.
4. Adjust your powder loads.
5. Last resort would be to try different bullets.

Almost all ML can be dialed in pretty tight. Sometimes you can get it right away and other times it takes a bit of tinkering.

Good luck............

Great Info. :way:

Not to hijack the thread, but... i was talking to a friend of mine last night, and he told me about an experience he had had that day...his inlaw was sighting in his muzzleloader at his place...his inlaw shot three times, went and looked at the target(150yds) and they were all over the place, so, he walks back to his gun, makes some adjustments, and tells my friend to shoot, he shoots twice, look at the target(150yds) and there is 1 hole that is lightly mooned out in the target...he put one slug on top of the other!!!

( O and btw, he isn't given to exaggerations so i believed him)

I would start with making sure the scope mounts are tight, I have had mine work loose just sitting in the gun cabinet. A buddy had the same problem, not sure how that happens but it does.

I would start with making sure the scope mounts are tight, I have had mine work loose just sitting in the gun cabinet. A buddy had the same problem, not sure how that happens but it does.

I use a very small drop of blue (NOT red) loc-tite on all my ring and base screws. It helps keep them from coming loose. Granted I shoot 3 different high-power rifles, but the concept is the same and it should still work on MLs. A friend of mine's son missed 13 deer in one day in SE Arizona on a youth hunt because his rings/bases had come loose and they didn't realize it until back at camp. Use loc-tite and eliminate that variable!

Top Bottom