Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zink 360 Mod

Liv4Rut

Not sure if anyone has the Zink 360 or not but for me it didnt work all that great. The rope always slipped around the spool making it difficult to spin in less than ideal situations.

I tore it apart and took a 4ft section of 1/16th inch steel cable and wrapped it around the spool three full turns then I threaded it back through the holes towards the rope. I also put breach plug grease on the little peg that the spool sits on. I then clamped loops into the cable and tied my rope to it.

On the side of the spool, there is another port that it is threaded. Zvholk made up a rod that sticks into it and goes out about 5 inches then 90s down to the ground. It is used as an extra stake and support.

The end result is something that actually works great!! It works a 1000 times better than the original. :way: Just thought I would pass along the information.

I am sure he has patented the idea Scott. Last I heard was he returned his Zink 360. I wonder where he has been?

Cooter,

I have actually quit using my strutting 360. The thing is too weak for my Pretty boy or DSD Jake unless I am on perfectly level ground. I now use the strutting 360 on my feeding DSD hen. Works great all around. I use the Zink 360 for the other dekes. I am also going to glue on a fish eye level on top of the Zink 360 so I can easily make it level. Now with the cable though there is so much torque, I doubt it will be an issue.

I have about $5 in materials.
982-dscn3155.jpg

Last edited:
I have actually quit using my strutting 360. The thing is too weak for my Pretty boy or DSD Jake unless I am on perfectly level ground.

I have been using my 360 with the DSD strutter. It turns it really slow but it usually turns it.

I'm thinking about taking it apart in the off season and seeing if I can get a different motor or gears to work.

Thanks for the pic if I cant get the 360 working better I may go that route.

Last edited:
I put 2 clips on each end of the rope for easy on and off in the field, I also painted my cable black.
I never tried it without the extra stake support, but believe you would pull your decoy right out of the ground if it wasn’t added.
Now we have a good product

I agree. Mike, you aughtta be ashamed of yourself, but if you hurry you can beat him to the patent and be rich. Pay someone else to make you a tee pee or hammock.

I was actually wondering where ole HCH went.

I was wondering how the decoys were treating him????

I was actually wondering where ole HCH went.

I was wondering how the decoys were treating him????

He probably got his truck stuck in the mud so he jumped in his canoe and is now living out of his tent on some public ground trout fishing and hunting turks like a fool.:D

He probably got his truck stuck in the mud so he jumped in his canoe and is now living out of his tent on some public ground trout fishing and hunting turks like a fool.:D

LOLLLLLL.

He was on here so much promoting everything before the season started.

I am surprised that we have not heard from him on how
everything is working.

Hopefully he is alright.

Justin you have mail.

Top Bottom