Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zone 5 muzzleloader

mittlestadta

I have a tag for Zone 5 muzzleloader starting soon. I will be hunting public ground in the Wapello area. Has anyone on here hunted this area this year. If so what are your reports and feelings on deer numbers in the area? I appreciate any and all input. Thanks!

Very good area. How long will you be back? Are you familiar with where you will be hunting? There are a lot of quality public areas in zone 5. Good luck.

5-7 days

My buddy has been down three times. I personally know nothing other than what I have researched. Does there seem to be good deer numbers in the area this year? Thanks for your reply! Any tips on public areas that are better or worse??

mittlestadta said:
I have a tag for Zone 5 muzzleloader starting soon. I will be hunting public ground in the Wapello area. Has anyone on here hunted this area this year. If so what are your reports and feelings on deer numbers in the area? I appreciate any and all input. Thanks!

Wapello county or the town of Wapello? Two different areas, not sure where the zones are anymore.

Lots of good public down there. I have hunted quite a bit of it. Late season may be tough though because a lot of it is big wide open timber with little food around. The fields that were next to some of the main pieces appeared to be chiseled during shotgun season. I am sure you will find something down around there though. It sucks there is no snow. It will be tough to see where they are hitting.

Thanks for clarifying. Actually near Lake Wapello. Sorry for the confusion

My property is just west less than 10 miles, I saw plenty of deer this year. I will also be hunting late muzzy, hope for snow. Like Liv4Rut said, lots of timber...

Top Bottom