Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zone 9 hunting

zonemap_mask.jpg

I have no idea why Zone 6 is highlighted on this map? However this map may help you get and answer to your question???? Good Luck! :)

My best 2 weeks are the last week of Oct. first week of Nov. Really all of Nov. is good but I tend to see the most bucks come in between Nov. 3-12. However if you are hunting public land it might be wise to hunt early and late as they can get crowded the first 2 weeks of Nov. By early I mean last week of Oct. and then from about the 17th of Nov thru Thanksgiving.

More important than dates is weather. Mature buck sightings/harvests will greatly increase when it's cold as opposed to 60 degrees plus. I'm in Allamakee. Good Luck this fall.

Just seen where your from. This should closely coincide with what you tend to see in Western Wisconsin.

jjohnson said:
My best 2 weeks are the last week of Oct. first week of Nov. Really all of Nov. is good but I tend to see the most bucks come in between Nov. 3-12. However if you are hunting public land it might be wise to hunt early and late as they can get crowded the first 2 weeks of Nov. By early I mean last week of Oct. and then from about the 17th of Nov thru Thanksgiving.

More important than dates is weather. Mature buck sightings/harvests will greatly increase when it's cold as opposed to 60 degrees plus. I'm in Allamakee. Good Luck this fall.

Just seen where your from. This should closely coincide with what you tend to see in Western Wisconsin.

I am also in Allamakee. My father and I have been hunting the same farm for the last 10 years whenever we can draw a tag. We have harvested largest bucks around the 15 of Nov., however hitting the woods on the first good cold morning have been dynamite! Will take the short drip down this weekend and get some rocks out. Keep in touch!

Top Bottom