Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zoo and more...

Gladiator

PMA Member
Man, what a year it's been - a new baby, new house, another awesome baseball season in the books, XC running starting....seems it doesn't end.

After our baseball season concluded in the 12th inning of a sub-state final (us losing on a 2-out walk off HR), we were pretty crushed even though it was the most successful season in our HS history going 27-13. After a few tears, good-bye's to 11 amazing Sr. leaders, we decided it was time for #1 - my hunting partner and I to get going on our trail cams; and #2 - for the Thede family to get out of 'Dodge!

As for #1, Caleb and I took my oldest, Maddox, and his son, Cole, down to the farm and we hung our 7 cameras with 4 of them being the 'steal-of-a-price' Bushnells. We feel good about the locations as we're trying to learn more about the farm during early season. We put one on a water crossing and others in areas where we're trying to figure out which routes they are using, if at all. I've mentioned before, but the bigger bucks will not show up until mid-September as all we have is cover at this point....but they feel safe. Pretty fun when this is one of the first photos you get on the Cellular cam:

I cropped it as it was a foggy-type morning where the camera fogged over...
Velvet.jpg

As for #2, we went to Des Moines and stayed with my wife's BIL, and ventured out to the Omaha Zoo for a day. With 3 boys all 4 and under, we knew we were taking a chance - especially with Brooks being only 5 months old. We feel of the 4 hours traveling, a 75% success rate was pretty good, but that last hour was like 'gnashing of teeth' as all of them were hungry, tired, and of course, bawling their eyes out. I actually think I started crying too, but not sure....all I know is it was painful.

But, it was a fun day. I snapped fewer pics than normal, but we did squeeze out a few good'ns:

Brooks and Dad
Brooks.jpg

The butterfly garden was my favorite
butterfly5.jpg

butterfly4.jpg

butterfly.jpg

butterfly2.jpg

My personal favorite...lighting was 'just right' ;)
butterfly3.jpg

Having a great time one minute.......
Brooks4.jpg

....out the next.
Brooks3.jpg

Showing off for the ladies in the house...
peacock.jpg

The aquarium was very fun
Fish.jpg

Then the boys got to play at the Rosenblatt stadium replica...not sure who the kid is in the background - photo hog!
mound.jpg

Brooks2.jpg

This last one brings back some memories - not to boast or make this about me, but this is actually where the old homeplate was at the old Rosenblatt Stadium where they used to play the College World Series. We had our HS all-star series at this field and the last at-bat of my career, the small schools East team was down by 1 with 2 outs in the last inning and a full count on myself - facing a pitcher that was 35-0 in his career. I closed my eyes and let 'er rip and hit a game-tying HR out to right-center...it was one of the most memorable moments I've had. Actually started my Sr year with a HR and ended it with a HR...and wouldn't you know it as we were walking to our van, it was parked literally about 20 feet from where it landed. :D Anyway, enough of the glory days....hopefully we'll have some trail cam pics in a couple weeks! :way:
HomePlate.jpg

We must've crossed paths, we hit the Omaha zoo last weekend. Didn't make it into the butterfly garden, wife wanted to see the desert dome, which I thought was boring.

One of the best in the Midwest... We love the Naibi zoo in the Quad Cities as well...

The aquarium is pretty cool, butterfly cage, iMax, but be careful not to spend all your time in one place...takes about all day to get through everything.

Very beautiful animal and child pictures which you share with us above.I also love the Omaha Zoo. I visited it for many times and enjoyed there as we want. Its wonderful zoo containing a lot of entertaining things.

Top Bottom