Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

1-1-2014 Late Muzzle Buck

Crab Claws 12

PMA Member
Me and some buddys all way get together and hunt on the first of the year, it way a balmy -6 when I left the house that morning, with 5 iches of fresh snow it was perfect for some still hunting through the woods, I spotted this buck with several other deer on the edge of a small ravine, I used the small hill to get within range of him, the wind was perfect the deer where directly up wind of me, as I came up over the hill I could see all the deer looking my way geting nervous I could see the caught movement to my left there he was about 80yrds ahead looking like he was ready to bolt, I make a quick off hand shot and he stumbled and went into the ravine and up the other side limping bad, I reloaded quick, snuck up other side and picked out his antlers in the brush about 60yrds, I droped to my knees beside a small tree rested against the tree and tuched off another shot, he went down within 30yrds. The first hit was low through the shoulder and brisket. Turned out to be a pretty good New Years Day!

Very nice. I shot a buck on the 1st and his antlers popped off. One in the woods crashing and one at home. I wish he was as nice as yours.

picture.php

Top Bottom