Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2/16/12 Pull

jesserichard

Here are a few from that last couple weeks. Nothing big but they are starting to shed a little. I would say that 75% of the bucks are still packing both sides 10% are half racks and 15% are totaly shed out. Thats based on trail cam pics and bucks I saw while shed hunting yesterday.

I have never seen this guy before. He has some good potential, Ill be happy to keep him around!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Seen a big 10 pointer today. Our farm 15-20 bucks still carrying?? Waiting patiently.
Great bucks and pictures.

Saw 15 bucks Wednesday Night packing both sides still in Northern Iowa biggest was 150 inch ten pt

Good to know, thanks for posting. I'm from SW Wisconsin, so probably similar weather and stress levels on deer here compared to you. I was wondering if you guys think that bucks become more visible after they have shed their antlers? I haven't been able to keep track of them with trail cameras, but I haven't really been finding enough sheds to make me think that many bucks have shed yet. But watching fields in the evening sometimes I see 4 or 5 bucks and only one has antlers on yet. I was thinking at least 50% or more still have antlers on but I'm not seeing many. Do you think the come out earlier into the fields and are less wary after they shed, thus making shed bucks more visible?

What would be the reasoning behind the bucks being less weary after they shed?? That might imply that the bucks know we are after them for their antlers? I think a buck acts like a buck with or without antlers.
They are driven by food more than ever right now and that would be my vote getter for as to why they are more visible. Them losing their antlers just happens the correspond.
Just thinking out loud here.

Top Bottom