Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2 Toms In 2 Hours

OneSlugDoug

My Turkey:
Late Friday afternoon, Clayton (MuzzHunter) and I roosted a tom on some public land. In the moring we came back to that same area and listened for some gobbles so that we could setup on that same tom. After hearing no gobbles, we started walking down through a bottom and Clayton stepped on a stick and 2 gobblers gobbled 20 yards up on the ridge where we had just walked past. We then made a plan, I would go on the ridge where they were and he would go on the other ridge, so either way they flew one of us would get one. As I took a step back to the ridge another one gobbled right above me. So I snook around on top of the ridge and setup 10 yards from the gobblers. I waited awhile and then did a few soft yelps and they gobbled back. The one closest finally flew down at 30 yards and 10 seconds later I shot him. I grabed my tom and headed to the truck.

9 1/2" Beard
1" both spurs
18 pounds

Claytons (MuzzHunter) Turkey:
After I killed my my turkey Clayton and I headed to another piece of public land just down the road. We got there and grabbed the gear and headed back to a spot where Clayton thought we could possibly kill another bird. As we were walking back there we heard a gobble off in the distance so we worked our way back and Clayton had an idea where the bird was. So he decided to sneak up on top of the ridge to see if he could see anything. As soon as he got to the top he motioned me to make my way up the ridge. As I was working my way up Clayton heard a gobble that was close. So he told me to get up here in a hurry cause this bird was within 50 yds. We got set up against some trees and began to call, but the bird would not move from where he was. So Clayton decided to go put the sneak and go indian on his A$$. He belly crawled about 40 yds trying to get where he could get a shot. Once he was close enough he gave a soft yelp and the gobbler just had to check it out now and as the bird got to the edge Clayton jumped to his feet and just has the tom started to run Clayton let him have it. After I shot my bird at 5:30 our morining was finished by 7:30. What a morining it was.

Beard: 9 7/8
Spurs: 1 1/8, 1
Weight: 19lbs.

here is a pic
doug_and_bigsby.jpg

hoofline.gif

You two obviously had a great hunt, congrats to the both of you. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>> Details Here!<<<<<

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Great work Boys!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

</div></div>

Top Bottom