Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2013 - 2014 Same Buck

doublerack

Considering how bad this winter was, this buck amazes me. He carried both sides into April and now he has more growth then any other buck I've got on camera. Here's a little comparison to last yr. Not much difference. Sure hope that G3 hangs on.
Any guesses on age?
5604-wide10-2013.jpeg

5604-wide10-2014.jpg

5604-wide10-2013-3.jpeg

5604-wide10-2014-2.jpg

5604-mfdc0053.jpg

5604-mfdc0920.jpg

Last edited:
That guys a stud! Maybe it's just me but looks as if he added a substantial amount of mass and beam length compared to the yr prior. Be interesting to see what does happen with that 3. It appears to still be growing so I'd assume it just grows funky, maybe he caught it on a fence?!

So I think I just figured out which deer this is. I lost most of my old trail cam pics to a bad flash drive, but I tracked this down on photo bucket.
I used to call this buck The Perfect 10. When I got the pics, I thought he was going to grow into a monster. He disappeared after 1 year. The two spots these were taken are just a mere mile away on the river.
What do you think? It's the same buck, he's gotta be 7 or 8yrs old now.
5604-_453879.jpg

I believe the deer from 09 is a different deer. Main beams curl up more in 09 and right brow tine is longer in 09. Just my opinion though.

He definitely put on some mass and I kind of like the character of the bent over tine. He will be shredding some young trees this fall with those main beam stickers! As for the 09 deer, it's anybody's guess, some deer hardly change from year to year and others you would hardly recognize. Thanks for sharing!

Good mature buck right there. Too bad about that tine. Almost guarantee he will break it off. Had one similar last year, and as soon as he shed velvet he broke the tine off.

picture.php

Im right there with ya, dont think the g3 will make it...

I have seen the same thing at least a couple of times with severely "bent" tines. I think they snap them off rubbing or sparring soon after they are in hard horn.

Bum tine or not...nice buck though!

The girlfriend has a 156" on the wall with a tine that looks just like that...that one held up, lets hope this one does too!

He's hanging in there

Took me over a month to find where he went, but he's still hanging in there.
He might be #1 on my list.
5604-cdy00390.jpg

5604-cdy00394.jpg

5604-cdy00402.jpg

I do not believe that is the same buck as your "perfect 10" in 2009. The main beams/frame have a pretty noticeable difference in frame shape and curvature.

I also believe that he put on a pretty good amount of mass and main beam length, also some in his G4's...and he could still blow up some more the last couple weeks in velvet.

Top Bottom