Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2018 Farm Bill

173 Should be enough for no mo. You can ask what they add for cost points. Fsa told me I get 60 cost points added if you keep your rental rate at $124.00.
Last year took 210 pts in Mo to be accepted. You'd have plenty of cut off is the same.

She mentioned something about additional points being added which must have been the cost points you mentioned. Is the $124.00 rate you reference the rate at which new contracts would be signed up for? If so your area of MO pays a lot higher than mine!

Yes $124 is the max for my ground in Worth County, Mo for the programs I am re-enrolling.
With continuous crp you get some incentive payment plus some cost share. I was also quoted $118 for some new cp21 in the continuous crp sign up.

F2E85DE1-15CA-45B8-B9F7-85B041A0E973.jpeg
I am wondering what time will bring to the CRP rental rates. Logic would have it - crop rental rates are up now. When they get county averages- those rates will be up. Will it impact CRP rates next year? If there is a sign up. Should a guy wait because of that? Not sure. Thoughts?

View attachment 120541
I am wondering what time will bring to the CRP rental rates. Logic would have it - crop rental rates are up now. When they get county averages- those rates will be up. Will it impact CRP rates next year? If there is a sign up. Should a guy wait because of that? Not sure. Thoughts?

Super interesting. I am very curious on how they plan to make CRP more attractive and fill more of the acres.

There WILL be a signup next year and every year thereafter until the farm bill expires. One of the key points within the 2018 farm is that is REQUIRES an annual signup. I am not surprised there is a less interest than acres available. The pendulum swung too far the other way with the crazy high rates we had in previous farm bills. Personally speaking, I am not willing to take a $50/a+ hit on CRP compared to cash rent. Their cash rent data, in certain cases, is complete garbage. I could write alot about that, but it will just make me mad for the 20th time!

FSA told me that rates will likely go up next year. We debated on waiting a year but decided not to roll the dice. My county has the lowest rates in Northern MO. I have a contract expiring in 2024 in another county so hopefully they will up signifcanlty by then.

Top Bottom