Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2nd chance at hooks!

Blaster

PMA Member
I hunted pretty hard this season. My main goal was to get both my boys and my dad a bird and we got all of there tags filled by second season. So 4th season was going to be my time to try and get my tag filled. I didn't have a lot of time to hunt with both my boys in baseball. I took the first Thursday and Friday off for 4th season and was hunting a farm that 3 toms were hanging out. Thursday night I made a bone head mistake. I hadn't seen any birds in the field all afternoon so I decided to tear down around 7:30pm. When I looked up there were 2 toms looking at me 100yrds away. Toms 1 me 0! :( The next morning I saw the big tom with 2 hens out in the field so the reaping began. I got to within 50 yards and the tom got a little nerves but I thought I was within shooting range. Nope a big miss on the tom I called hooks. Toms 2 me 0! :( So I had one chance left. Friday morning the 8th was going to be my last hunt. I went back to the farm with hooks and not one bird gobbled that morning. Feeling a little bummed I took a drive around the farm and there were 4 toms and 2 hens out in the middle of the corn field. And one of them was hooks. I could tell by his real light tips on his fan. So I grabbed the reaping fan and headed for them. I got to within 60 yards and that's when hooks came out of strut and took off running right at me. When he got to 30 yards I sent him back another 10!:D Highest scoring bird that I have ever shot. 23lbs 10.5 in beard and 1.5in hooks. = 74pts He also Is one off the prettiest birds that I have shot. I probably should of mounted this one.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

We shall call him Capt. Hooks. Really nice bird and like you said great color. Congrats.

Top Bottom