Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

3 for 3 for Jacksons

Rjack

This was a great 2nd season for me. Hunted with Dakota on Friday and he shot a nice tom. Drew and I nearly doubled on Sunday - but it got hectic and I missed my shot. Drew joined this morning for my last chance. Our intended plan had to be altered when a guy and his son were one minute ahead of us. So, we headed for a backup spot and arrived, loaded up and headed out just as gobbles started. We made a long walk down a long field finger only to find the one we were after was in the next finger. So back out and around to the correct finger. Set the jake and hen and set up. I was still getting ready when I could tell the tom hit the ground. I told Drew to call a bit. A minute later the next gobble was much closer. I quickly got ready and turned a bit. A minute later Drew says he can see him strutting 60 yards way. I finally spotted him, gave a few calls and he was on the way. He headed in a couple different directions and then moved in. He stuck his head up and I let the Mossberg bark at 35 yards. He went down and I told Drew to "get him" as I couldn't see him and had a fence in my way. Drew jumped up and took off, but the fence on his side was 6 inches tall and he promptly face planted. But, he jumped up and sprinted to him, only to find he hadn't even flopped. We were laughing like crazy. Drew realized he still had the pot call and striker in his hand when he reached the tom, so they were in his hands during the face plate.

Butt hit the seat at 6:10 and the tom hit the dirt at 6:20.

At least a 3 year old bird. Good hooks, a little over 20 pounds, but beard rot really shortened the beard, but has some cool coloring.

Old guys are on the board! 61.9375

Looking forward to more hunting with my boys.
b949d637b6ba86e9cbd7bceb1ed60468.jpg
fde762c0394d4e880ca96192e4e88dd0.jpg
f71a0a5cb43830d54319e837627ac1ca.jpg
aa3312332cb2e98f8112f4340bdeb00f.jpg
852eeee6becc9843eb0176e3c73dfefc.jpg
4a03f206605e028bd6e1703ba7a2f8f9.jpg
Screenshot_20180424-192817.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thankfully not! We laughed for a long long time about that one. I was just trying to make the hunt easier to remember since it didn't last very long :D

Odd, never heard this part of the hunt when you told me how it went down??? Just happen to "forget" the 2nd best part of the story, besides your dad getting a bird? hahaha

Awesome season for you guys so far. Those dang old fences! It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when they'll trip you up!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom