Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

3D Shoots

buckwheat

i usually 'go to about 8-10 shoots a year. they are a lot of fun and it really helps on your range estimation. i think everyone feels nervous their first couple shoots but everyone is really nice. they all understand that you have to start somewhere and that they were the same when they started. i just say go and have a good time. as far as a beginners league you dont have to turn your score card. its always fun to take a couple friends so you can joke around with eachother when you mess up.

Spinefxr

If you get the chance attend the Deer Classic in March in Des Moines. IBA and other clubs are usually there and can fill you in on lots of 3D shoots. Find one close and attend, you won't be sorry. Lots of fun if you let it be.

Just wondering about 3D: I've never been to one, but know it would help my shooting. What is the typical format? Is there a "beginner" level or something like that?

I went to my first 3D two years ago and had a blast. I was intimidated at first because I was worried about flinging arrows all over the place but everyone was super nice. I have been to about five shoots now...some good, some ok, all were fun but most importantly everyone involved offered words of encouragement. I'm an average shooter now and it is a fantastic way to hone your yardage guessing skills IMO.

Tomo

3-D shoots are an awesome way of meeting new people and they are a blast as well.Where does everyone shoot 3-D at?I shoot mostly at Raccoon Ridge Archery course north of Stuart.Anyone elde shoot there??

Ive been shooting the Stuart course since they started. In fact I shot their very first shoot. Its great fun. There are alot of nice shoots around. I normally shoot 15-20 shoots from spring to fall.

What kind of setups does anybody shoot.

I shoot a PSE Carrera OR, at 70lbs. and Goldtip X cutters.

I shoot a Fred Bear TRX,63 lbs.,with gold tip XT's.In my opinion Stuart probably is one of the best courses around.Hope to see you all there.

I shoot a hoyt mt. sport at 70 lbs.
this wknd my buddies and I were gonna go to a 3D shoot over by Madrid but wound up shootin 3D targets at his house instead.
Still had a blast!
We're all planning to shoot some tourneys at Stuart in the future.
Hope to see some of you there

BJelken

Top Bottom