Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

45-70 legal?

Scott

In regs it says 45-70 is legal but than says casing must be under 1.8". The 45-70 is over 2". Legal for shotgun or not?
8999643808ae651f1306deca9faf1ddc.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Read this part carefully.
"The following center-fire cartridges may be used, along with others not identified in this list that meet the straight-walled cartridge criteria in the next section below".
I read that to say, this list is okay as written. Whether or not the cartridges pass the below criteria, this list is approved. You may also use any other cartridges NOT included in this pre-approved list as long as they meet the following criteria. So yes to answer the question, I believe the .45-70 is okay.

Yep- it’s on that list. Some on the list are over those specs but they are legal. Ur round is on there. Why they made that specific list so u know the accepted cartridges and then if u are outside the “named ones” u have the general specs. So... ur good to go!

It's ok. I called both of our COs here and they confirmed it. Fun round, I shot 6 deer 1st shotgun with my Henry.

Top Bottom