Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

4th Season Globber

OneSlugDoug

Since I don’t have class till late in the morning on Tuesdays, I decided to go out to my parent’s farm. Right when I got up and started walking through the big bean field I heard a gobble right behind the house. I decided to get to the edge of our property, before I got there the tom stop gobbling and I knew I had gotten to close. So I decided to just go and sit in our big bean field, I heard five gobblers but they were all across the creek and too far away. 7:30 came around and all I called in was hens, I walked through the woods to check out another field but didn’t see anything. Thinking that the day was over and was going to go get some more sleep before class, as I walk to the top of the felid I look down towards our grass field by the creek, there is a tom strutting in the bean field. I run back to where I was sitting and started calling again. About an hour later a hen and a tom come over the top of the field but they weren’t walking towards me. Right before they were going to cut into the woods I said F it and went crazy on the slate call, the tom turns and starts to come in. The tom and hen took their time coming in and half hour later he was at 50 yards. I could have let him come in more but since I bought an undertaker choke I decided to test it out a 40 yards and boom! I laid him out, he didn’t even flop. Couldn't be happier!
Weight: 21 pounds
Beard: 11 an 5/8 in
Spurs: Left: 1 an 1/8
Right: 1 an 2/8

6538-100_1928_1.jpg

6538-turkey_beard_2010.jpg

6538-turkey_spurs_2010.jpg

Congrats Doug, what about the part where your mom woke you up and told you to go out because the bird was gobbling right behind the house.

Top Bottom