Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Giant Goes Down…..

Unreal whitetail for sure. Pass along a huge congrats to your brother for me. I know I have been there for some of my brothers monster kills and it is just as good as if you let the arrow fly.

Enjoy this one, buck of all of our dreams for sure!!!

Crazy big. Congrats. Amazing how all those stickers, forks, kickers, and drops match up pretty well side to side.

He’s 7.
I passed him at 6 & he was a stud 170”-ish. He lived in maybe a 40 acre area. Maybe. Small. He was not on camera except once on that rub. I kinda narrowed it down to one draw of timber. Told my bro I thought he was bedding there & feeding on nearby cut corn. It was either that or he was MIA. Said “get in super early!!!!” Clearly came in from opposition way of where corn field was. 9 am - bam - showed.
all on video. Even some velvet footage. & video from years past. It’ll go out our IW YouTube channel - just for fun & learning.

He shot him at 9am??

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Ya. I texted at 8:58 …. “Please tell me you went out?!?” He calls at 9…. I thought “he didn’t go”…..
“I just shot him!!! Watched for 30 mins. Finally got him to 12 yards”. Then- clearly I said “where hit, penetration, angle, etc?” (the anatomy thread on here)
The phone call he made to me is even on video. ;). I was there as he got out of stand. Really fun!!!!

*it’s a huge deer. Spoiled & blessed. Happy for him. I’m happier for him than if I shot it. Still “just a deer” but sure is fun to enjoy as fam & watch this dude live in this tiny area he ruled & finally have it come together years later. Many times it doesn’t work. Rewarding when it does. I really do wish everyone a fun, relaxing, challenging & meaningful season. If it’s a 120” 5 year old or your first buck- who cares - its so much fun. If I don’t shoot a buck this year, personally (just me) - I don’t care. If I shoot an old warrior & a pile of does - even that would be just fine. Long long season ahead!!!! Aside from this….. been a slow summer & fall for finding or seeing bucks. Only gonna get better. Good luck folks!!!!

& oh yes- with a big deer (which this is so stupid!!!!!!) - we had to chat …. “The idiots will come out of the woodwork!” …. “High fence!” “Poached”. “Bet he rifled it”. Whatever. So glad every drop is on video for that one stupid reason alone. That one thing about this sport drives me nuts!!!!

we had to chat …. “The idiots will come out of the woodwork!” …. “High fence!” “Poached”. “Bet he rifled it”. Whatever. So glad every drop is on video for that one stupid reason alone. That one thing about this sport drives me nuts!!!!

I wondered about that Skip. Thanks for posting this still either way!

What a brute. Huge congrats!

Congrats to your brother Skip!! You are doing everything right to grow these awesome bucks!

Ya. I texted at 8:58 …. “Please tell me you went out?!?” He calls at 9…. I thought “he didn’t go”…..
“I just shot him!!! Watched for 30 mins. Finally got him to 12 yards”. Then- clearly I said “where hit, penetration, angle, etc?” (the anatomy thread on here)
The phone call he made to me is even on video. ;). I was there as he got out of stand. Really fun!!!!

*it’s a huge deer. Spoiled & blessed. Happy for him. I’m happier for him than if I shot it. Still “just a deer” but sure is fun to enjoy as fam & watch this dude live in this tiny area he ruled & finally have it come together years later. Many times it doesn’t work. Rewarding when it does. I really do wish everyone a fun, relaxing, challenging & meaningful season. If it’s a 120” 5 year old or your first buck- who cares - its so much fun. If I don’t shoot a buck this year, personally (just me) - I don’t care. If I shoot an old warrior & a pile of does - even that would be just fine. Long long season ahead!!!! Aside from this….. been a slow summer & fall for finding or seeing bucks. Only gonna get better. Good luck folks!!!!

& oh yes- with a big deer (which this is so stupid!!!!!!) - we had to chat …. “The idiots will come out of the woodwork!” …. “High fence!” “Poached”. “Bet he rifled it”. Whatever. So glad every drop is on video for that one stupid reason alone. That one thing about this sport drives me nuts!!!!
Congrats to your brother, you and your entire family!!!

I know the INSANE amount of work that went into this. The ultimate team effort. Big congrats on being able to grow a truly incredible animal. The odds are so stacked against it and it involved incredible drive, determination, work ethic, disciple. There aren't enough superlatives. Congrats to Aaron and Skip for making it happen.

Top Bottom