Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Giant Goes Down…..

i Spoke with Franz about a month ago in Scheels in Des Moines. He doesn't even hunt anymore. I am sure all the grief he took and the legal battle took it out of him.
READ THIS FOLKS! Think about this. Seriously. The dude shoots a buck, has all the proof it’s done legal & ran through ringer with prosecution…. Shameful. He wins (franz, in court) BUT…. He “loses”. He quits hunting.
The everyday hunter “loses” when that happens cause it turns so many people (especially new hunters) off to the sport.
& I’m not knocking ALL law enforcement at all (as most are great with a few bad ones like anything). It really goes back to hunters making stuff up, slamming with negative crap and attacking other hunters- which is 100x more common.
“A NEW HUNTER” …. Like “oh, that’s what it’s like to shoot a big buck?!?!? that doesn’t look fun! Trashing our own hunters…. It’s sad. & this has ZERO to do with my brothers deer- I am glad we have everything documented & on vid to shut anyone down if said something (but average new hunter cant Do that).
I’m purely going back to the Franz buck & a countless # of other crap guys get put through when they shoot a big deer- “Deer of a Lifetime”. Make it fun. It goes fast & these will be great memories of the past “soon”. Enjoy folks!!!

What a slobber Monster! Congrats to all that were involved in letting this stud get to this age and harvesting such a magnificent animal. A deer of many lifetimes.

I’m not a score guy…. Don’t care or just let my buddies tape them. This deer did get scored by B&C guy- bro thought be neat to know. First time we’ve ever done this. Probably only time - with this size buck.
Little over 240” gross & 235” net.
0B84AA8C-64D1-4D3A-B7AB-D32A0ABE9A6A.jpeg

I believe a deer is what it is, not a number. Having said that some of the numbers help describe just what you're looking at. 27 inch mains are terrific! 26 points are phenomenal. But for me, the almost four feet of mass is darn near unfathomable!! WOW!!!

We are proud of a deer if it's old & scores "WHATEVER".... Could be 140". I "like" good genetic high scoring giant deer but that's not why I hunt. Period. It's a nice bonus the rare times it happens. I'm fully content shooting old "whatever" & does & seeing friends & fam shoot deer. The habitat, conservation, projects, management, etc - that's personally the enjoyment for me. So, IMO - Score is "neat" but not why we hunt.

But youde shoot a "world record right Skip? Lol.
Remember - above. I want to make clear…. Due to the scrutiny, mud slinging & negative nature of SOME in the public …. I will be passing the world record typical this year !!! :);):p:cool: Don’t want the drama!!!! Ha!!! If someone else wants to shoot him & take the headaches - come on!!! ;).

Remember - above. I want to make clear…. Due to the scrutiny, mud slinging & negative nature of SOME in the public …. I will be passing the world record typical this year !!! :);):p:cool: Don’t want the drama!!!! Ha!!! If someone else wants to shoot him & take the headaches - come on!!! ;).

Uh I feel like I should get this opportunity as I already passed him once this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom