Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A Hunt To Rember

OneSlugDoug

Clayton(Muzzhunter) and I decided to go bow this year and im glad i did.
It strated off with Friday morning Clayton and I went to a public spot and didnt see anything. So we went to my place friday afternoon. After we setup or 6 hens and a strutin tom decoys we called for awhile and stoped with no luck. Then out of no where we heard wings flapping and set our game boys down
grin.gif
clayton says theres a big tom right next to our blind and he strated going the other way and another big tom came out so we were trying to think of some thing cause they were going the other way of our blind and it was setup to where we couldnt shoot. Finally i said i would try to get the shoot off so i pulled back with them at 35 yards and shoot next thing i hear is SMACK! and i see birds fiying and clayton out of the blind running and me right behind clayton. They flew into a grass feild and we walked around looking and clayton finally caught a glimpse of him on the bank of the creek so i ran back grabed our bows and came back and we made a plan. So i crawl on my belly and pull back and clayton pulled back to, then his relase went off and scared him, so the tom flew across the creek and i flung one at him and missed. Before i could think of what to do i hear clayton say "screw it!" and ran across the creek that didnt look to deep until clayton was waste high in it, he got up the bank and chased the tom around for awhile, while i looked for claytons arrow i found it put it in my bow and clayton backed off and i shot and finally it smacked him good. Clayton did a little more chasing and finally caught him and the hunt was over. After he found a decent place to cross the creek we walked back to the blind and thought about what just happened and how we will never forget this hunt
scores
Spurs: both 7/8
weight: 22lbs
Beard: 11 3/8
6986bread.jpg

Beard
6986doug_s_turkey-med.jpg

me and turkey
6986Clayton_Doug-med.jpg

Clayton and I
I would like to thank Clayton(Muzzhunter) for helping me couldnt of done it with out you man
waytogo.gif

If you havent tired turkey hunting with a friend you are missing out

[ QUOTE ]
Before i could think of what to do i hear clayton say "screw it!" and ran across the creek that didnt look to deep until clayton was waste high in it, he got up the bank and chased the tom around for awhile

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats great!! I think everyones been half tempted to do the same, just takes some kahunas to do it!!
grin.gif
Great job guys.
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like you guys had fun, great job
waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

love it!!!

[ QUOTE ]
After he found a decent place to cross the creek

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't there lots of decent places to cross once your wet?
grin.gif

Good job guys, congratulations.

[ QUOTE ]
taking time off for a swim !
doah.gif
way to get her done, congrats
beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good way to wash the ticks off anyway!
grin.gif

Great hunt guys!
cool.gif

Chasing turkeys, sounds familiar! I think I'll opt for whacking them again in the future: I must be getting old.
grin.gif

Congrats on the bird and having a buddy there to share the experience with.

Top Bottom