Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

About to be a bunch of Magic happening

Halloween has always been good to me. I will be in the tree all day. Let the games begin. Good luck to everyone. Be safe.

Young bucks going nuts here now. Same thing g every year.
Looking forwards to seeing some big bucks getting kilt.

3 days of shitty windy weather in iowa last 3 days . But sat n sun look awsome !! Gonna be some big deer on there feet this weekend!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Here in Iowa been raining most of week. Finally DONE!!!!! (looks like for a while)

Two things....

1. need it to dry up to get harvest up and going again. Alot of corn up making things a bit tough.

2. Deer gonna be on feet after all this rain. Bet tonight is good.

Next week..... can't ask for much better weather wise. Highs in the low to mid 40s and lows in the mid to high 20s. PERFECT.

IT'S GONNA BE ON!!!!

Here in Iowa been raining most of week. Finally DONE!!!!! (looks like for a while)

Two things....

1. need it to dry up to get harvest up and going again. Alot of corn up making things a bit tough.

2. Deer gonna be on feet after all this rain. Bet tonight is good.

Next week..... can't ask for much better weather wise. Highs in the low to mid 40s and lows in the mid to high 20s. PERFECT.

IT'S GONNA BE ON!!!!
As to #1, I have a property that I want to hunt while the corn is still there, as it is dominated by crops and once the corn is out, not much cover left. Hopefully something will pass a stand on the edge of standing corn, this afternoon (#2). Hoping the wind dies somewhat at sunset....

Tonight was TERRIBLE! Bumped one small buck on the way out, only deer spotted in 5 hrs and I could see quite far. Maybe too open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sat tonight (100 miles south of canada)
Younger bucks are going nuts!!
The older bucks know the time aint right yet. Another 4_6 days and the older buck will get more active and put the youngsters in their place.

I finally got set up at 9:30 this morning due to lingering rain. Never touched ground again till dark and only seen 2 doe! Tomorrow is a new day

Slow tonight for me little buck around 4pm and a doe dashing thru the woods with nothing behind her. Thought it’d be better tonight. Let’s hope tmrw is. Good luck everybody, almost time!

Bucks were moving in Minnesota. Should get better until the orange army starts .

Last edited:
Had pretty good, but not totally crazy action tonight. Shot a doe and she went about 75 yards and bedded down, I looked away from her and then looked back and there was a buck standing near her. He scooted about as soon as I saw him when another, bigger dude materialized. The big one then proceeded to WEAR the very nearly dead at the time, and soon was fully dead, doe out.

She was dead on the ground and he was trying to hump her and get her up, etc. He then proceeded to stay near her for the next 50-60 minutes until it was too dark to see. When I went over to take a look at her, he was still 20 yards away. I lit his eyes up with the flashlight and he stood there and looked back at me for 30+ seconds. He probably shoved her 30 feet in the CRP from where she lay dying to where I found her.

Good luck everyone. My vacation was supposed to start Monday and last 7 days. Thanks to some unforeseen issues at work not only did my vacation days get cancelled it looks like I'll be working OT most days for the next 2 weeks.

Top Bottom