Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Action is hot in western ia

What part of western Iowa are you hunting? We have hunted all week and havnt seen a mature buck. A lot of young deer chasing does but no big boys. Good luck with the big 10!

i didnt see any chasing today but did see 2 buck cruseing, wich is more activity than i have seen all year--monona county

Been hunting just down the road from you, south of atlantic 15 miles and haven't seen any mature bucks for the past 3 days. Seem to be on lock down around here or the warm temps are keeping them to only move at night. Hopefully this weekend will be good with the cold front. 77 one day with severe storms and 34 degrees the next day with snow flurries.

Got mine today in Monona County. 3 1/2 10 pt. trailing a doe in the am. Lots of dinks with does. Lots of doe groups with no bucks too.

iwish i was in afreakin basement !i would see 8 damn nice 150-180 deer on the wall.today sukt in north dallas co. sat all day,jakshit!yes i know wind,but come on im huntin 319 acres.WHAT THE F------

No SD card reader on my folks' computer. I'll put a photo on next week.He should make P&Y. Nothing huge.Just a nice buck. 14days of hunting and time was running out.

Been hunting just down the road from you, south of atlantic 15 miles and haven't seen any mature bucks for the past 3 days. Seem to be on lock down around here or the warm temps are keeping them to only move at night. Hopefully this weekend will be good with the cold front. 77 one day with severe storms and 34 degrees the next day with snow flurries.

I have been hunting about 10 miles from atlantic by Crones and Carlsons ground and havent seen squat either man. Did kick a 150 b&c buck off of highway 71 when I was walking through the field entrance. He was with 2 does. So its got to be close or we some how missed the action.

I hunt Crawford county and haven't seen much rut activity at all just small bucks chasing does and responding to rattling. I took yesterday evening off from the stand and decided to drive around and see what's going on with this rut. I seen 3 groups of does feeding pretty early but no bucks with them. I also seen a 160 class 10 cross the road 10 yards in front of my pickup around 515. He was alone and was coming off of public land. So I figure that's where all of them must be hiding. Was on the fence about hunting this morning with the warm weather but seeing that buck in daylight yesterday evening helped me make up my mind. Well I've been in the stand since 520 this morning and all I've seen is a rooster pheasant(that's as rare as a 200" deer around here). I don't know if I have missed the rut. Or they are moving all night. Trail cams still show lone does at night and all big bucks have disappeared. Pry in lock down. I guess with this clod front moving in hopefully the big ones come out to play. Only time will tell.

They are out there. We have been seeing rut activity last few days. Lots of chasing. Keep at it boys. They are close to lockdown I think. This weather isn't helping. Cold front will get em movin better for ya hopefully.

Saw BIG bucks chasin doe's around this morning, was a beaitiful morning just at that.
My partner who only hunted pheasants and Elk (till this morning) was also facinated b.y the activity

Hunting in Taylor and Adams Co. One big buck locked on doe. Hunted seven days and only small bucks and a few does moving. Come on cold weather!
Other hunting partners in same boat. No big bucks moving!!

cool,got any pics?
Back home.As promised here is a photo. Rough scored 134 so it should make P& Y easily.Happy with him . Following a wary doe thru the timber.

DSCN2900.jpg

Nice deer! That's a shooter to me. Maybe it's just the pic but he looks bigger than 134

Thanks, he has a point on his left base that sticks straight out about 3" so it will net around 130" He's real symmetrical.

Back to the thread topic, my buddy texted me this morning he shot a 12 pt typical in the same stand of timber. They are still gettin after in in the west.

Drove around tonight and saw well over 40 deer and 12 bucks.

Shooters were in lockdown but all the young bucks were just by themselves seemed to be cruising. Can't wait to get in the stand!

Top Bottom