Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

age?

doublerack

his bases tell me he is older. If that's the cases, he's either a crappy deer or a late bloomer.
polkcitybuck.JPG

I don't know if you can tell anything from the face but his face looks like a great-grandpa!

He may be 3-4 for all I can tell though. Nice pic and nice looking buck

Tough camera angle to judge from...not to mention this time of year is the toughest to age a deer from their Summer body features.

That said, his facial features and the mass of his bases tells me he is at least a 3 or 4 year old.

I agree the angle is tough to see alot of the things to look for. He does have alot of grey in his face but I don't think that has to mean he is old. His bases are think and he still has some growing to do. I would say 4-5

Here's another angle. Looks like he has a good battle scar on that right ear. He's not too wide.. maybe 15-16" inside...
polkcitybuck2.JPG

hoofline.gif

As already mentioned, that is a difficult angle to judge accurately the bucks age. Given the size of the bases, I think at least 4 years old.

Thanks for sharing with us. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>> Details Here!<<<<< iowawhitetail.com, Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.
11.jpg

Top Bottom