Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

And so it begins......again

I have no problem with outfitters, in theory, until they start asking for increases in NR tag numbers, shortcuts to a PP system, or tag set-asides. In the last few years that’s exactly what outfitter trade groups across the country have been doing.

The natural resource is finite, outfitters want to expand their business, so the mechanism is to cut a bigger piece of the pie for themselves by paying republican legislators to socialize their industry. It may sound backwards, but that’s precisely what is happening in IA, WY, MT, ID, and other states with big game draws.

I have more outfitters around me than I care to count. Give me a nrlo who is committed to their property and management all day long in lieu of the hunters from MI and FL who kill that 140 on day five of their hunt to justify the 3500 they spent, that doesn’t include the $600 license.

Iowa is no better than other outfitted states. The demand is increased by the 200 in plus deer posted by Iowa big chunk land owners that squeezes the already limited land, talked about here, to high paying outfitters. Rs and NRLOs alike are taking that money and limiting access, period.

Access for the non landing owning R is getting worse every year despite the echoed effort otherwise.

The NR simply waits to hunt the property leased up by the outfitter while the R’s ability to gain permission declines and the ability to buy decreases by outrageous prices with demand created from within. Wake up. Of course if you’re already a landowner you quietly don’t care.

Last edited:
Top Bottom