Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antler King Food Plots

Have you guys had success with Antler King products for food plots? I've been doing a bit of planning and am looking at Red Zone, Trophy Clover Mix, Honey Hole and Fall/Winter/Spring. Have you tried any of these? My plan is to plant 2 food plots at 1 acre each. I plan on planting 1/2 acre of Red Zone and Trophy Clover Mix in the spring on each plot. Then add 1/2 acre of Honey Hole and Fall/Winter/Spring in August. What do you think?

Wasn't impressed with the honey hole stuff I planted this past august. Granted it was awful dry, but planted a bunch of leftover hunter specialty seed that came up just fine...

What I have seen and used is seed from the coop. They have a seed mix for hay grass. And you can buy clover by the pound. you have to buy alfalfa by the bag. And you can have them coated. I wouldn't spend all that money just to have some douche bag on the seed bag. It helps to know someone that also does food plots to split the the large with. Or if you have a large food plot it works great.

planted red zone early and the drought killed it :-(
replanted that same plot at the end of august with honey hole and it came up great! had plenty of deer using it this fall.
you can save some $$ by ordering rape and turnips from welter (I usually get my rye and clover from them) or someone else but for the size of plot I was planting (just shy of a 1/2 acre) the savings (less than $10) didn't out weight the convience of just grabbing a bag off the shelf:)

I am a firm believer in antler king products and am very excited for next years plantings to make them even better! Come on shed season!!!

Top Bottom