Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone Heard About The GIANT 8 By Colfax??

I passed on one this year that was pushing 160 hoping to see him next year but man no way a person could pass on a 180 8 pointer that would be AWESOME!

I passed on one this year that was pushing 160 hoping to see him next year but man no way a person could pass on a 180 8 pointer that would be AWESOME!

Are you serious!!??

I passed on a big 8 once that I thought would go mid-150's because I knew of deer in the area that would score bigger. I ended up shooting one of the bigger deer and it got swallowed by a river. Hindsight, dumbest thing I've ever done. The 8 was in his prime and dropped a good 15 inches the next year and was found dead with no sign of any wounds. Never again.

Are you serious!!??

I passed on a big 8 once that I thought would go mid-150's because I knew of deer in the area that would score bigger. I ended up shooting one of the bigger deer and it got swallowed by a river. Hindsight, dumbest thing I've ever done. The 8 was in his prime and dropped a good 15 inches the next year and was found dead with no sign of any wounds. Never again.

Only reason I passed on him which I kick myself for now(Saw him Sunday as a half rack limping pretty bad) is because he is a young deer. I would say 3.5 or 4 years at best. With his genetics he could be BIG! But we will see what next year brings. Not sure if he got shot or if he fell down and broke his antler off and maybe hurt his leg or what. But I'm hoping he fell down.

I have a little bit more info on this deer. I was shot by Indianola. Main Frame 8 with 2 large daggers of the bases, and a kickers on the right G2. The guy that killed it works for Whitetail Properties. Don Kisky scored the deer at 204" GROSS. Will be scored as a typical with ductions.

160 8 is huge. 200"+ 8 is fishy.

I would agree but think about how big of an 8 it would have to be......:grin: IT WOULD BE HUGE!!! I too think it is pretty fishy but I am constantly amazed by a whitetails ability to grow some freakishly huge racks. However one scoring that high as a mainframe 8 would be phenomenal.

I am always leary when gross scores are given. The deer may be a "main frame 8", but I'll bet its frame is not even close to 200 inches. People have a tendency to add all the non typical growth into the "main frame 8" score. Its already said this deer has several non typical points. Im betting 200 inches total gross with an 8 point frame in the 170's.

I have seen a 186 gross 8 pointer and it was really unbelievable. Netted in the mid 170's

200 inch would be scary huge

He said it grossed 200 inches with the kickers and junk around bases, never said the main frame 8 grossed 200. guessing the main frame was grossed at 180 or around there.

Top Bottom