Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone try the new spypoint cell link yet?

Rous14

PMA Member
My son just got me one today for Father’s Day. I don’t think it’s been in stores very long so wasn’t sure if anyone had any experience with it yet? I have two spypoint cameras, one has been great one hasn’t been and I don’t typically see too many positive reviews on that brand so I’ve got my fingers crossed that this works well!

I have last years, it’s fine for a cheaper cell cam. I don’t like the small SD card.

I have last years, it’s fine for a cheaper cell cam. I don’t like the small SD card.

I think you are thinking of one of their camera models. The cell link is a device that hooks up to any brand trail cam and turns it into a cellular camera. Pretty cool concept, if it’s reliable.

Same concept as cuddelink?
No I don’t think so. This is a device that hooks up to any existing trail cam you have that’s not cellular and makes it cellular. As I mentioned below, in concept it seems like an awesome idea on spypoints behalf. Now like anything it will depend on how reliable it is. I’ll be hooking it up 4th of July weekend so should have some feedback on it by late July

Any update on these?
Ours was working fine for about a week and a half but then it went dead. Not sure if the camera (a browning, not sure what model) went dead or if the cell link did. However I accidentally put lithium batteries in both that were not brand new, they had been in a camera for awhile last fall so I can’t fairly say how long this new product will last on a new set of batts. Unfortunately I live 5 hours from where it’s at and won’t be back to replace the batteries for a few weeks yet. Will update at a later date when I’ve had a better chance to give it a fair review.

Any update on these?
Just a follow up update. Must’ve been bad batteries we had put in it originally because we replaced with brand new lithium’s and this system has actually been working really well. For $60 or whatever it’s a pretty good value imo. The pictures it sends to your phone are not great quality but definitely good enough. We’ve found that it helps to set it up in a spot where the animal will be fairly close to the camera. Field edges for example aren’t great. Scrapes...perfect. I had around 9-10 browning cams (variety of their models) and that what we hooked this up to.

IMG_0230.JPG
IMG-0234.JPG

Here's a couple photos sent to my phone by the SPYPOINT CELL-LINK. This adaptor is hooked up to a FORCE-20 camera via a SD card ribbon inserted into the SD card slot.

I ended up buying 2 of these on sale. 1 is still working flawlessly for what it cost. The 2nd had a squirrel or mouse chew the wire and quit working.

I ended up buying 2 of these on sale. 1 is still working flawlessly for what it cost. The 2nd had a squirrel or mouse chew the wire and quit working.
I actually was sitting in my ground blind and watched a doe nip the wire in half with her teeth! You can order just that wire piece for like $10 from spypoint. I had a new one shipped to me and now we’re back up n running.

I actually was sitting in my ground blind and watched a doe nip the wire in half with her teeth! You can order just that wire piece for like $10 from spypoint. I had a new one shipped to me and now we’re back up n running.
Yeah I saw that was an option. Gonna probably wait and snag some different cheap cell cams instead. It's only 10 bucks, but when that camera is in the middle of the farm and quits working 1st week of November it kinda chapped me. It had messed up one other time so opting to go the non external wire route in the Reveals ever get back in stock .

Top Bottom