Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Arborist in SE Iowa

Fox Valley Hunter

PMA Member
Can anyone recommend an arborist in Southeast Iowa? I have a maple tree in my yard that has developed a long split in the bark that I would like to have someone tell me if its going to be an issue or not.
E9303A10-DC43-4E7A-AF2C-F0A6F9384DB0.jpeg

Can anyone recommend an arborist in Southeast Iowa? I have a maple tree in my yard that has developed a long split in the bark that I would like to have someone tell me if its going to be an issue or not.
View attachment 120641
I'm not an arborist but to me that tree looks like it was struck by lightning. Most likely fine.

Looks like a good corn producer.... hopfully it makes it. :)

It is a maple? Doesn't look like a native maple. Maybe Norway Maple. Bark almost looks like an Ash or maybe a basswood. Could be norway maple though, maybe I'm wrong. I'm guessing you got some time if it does get the tree. Might heal. If for some odd reason it's an ash, it'll be a goner for other reasons.

The bark is definitely different from my other maple trees in my back yard but I am assuming its a maple because it has the “whirlybird” seeds. I looked up Norway maples and it looks like the bark splitting is pretty common on them but not necessarily anything to worry about. Thanks for the help!!

Top Bottom